Ryan Giggs wants 1 more year as a Manchester United player from incoming manager Louis van Gaal [Mirror]
When he gave his teary-eyed speech at Old Trafford last week, many saw it as Giggs’ swansong in a Man United shirt.
At 40 years of age, it seemed the right time to finally bow out, but now it appears Giggs fancies one final year as a player.
Wednesday’s Mirror claim that the Welshman is set to tell as much to incoming manager Louis van Gaal, along with the same combined coaching role he held this season.
With van Gaal’s famed preference for youth over veterans, it’s anything but a sure thing…
Watch Live Stream
- Man United’s move for Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane [Cope]August 25, 2016
- Man Utd players warned Schweinsteiger to work on fitness and stop watching wife playing tennisAugust 24, 2016
- Golazo: Man United loanee Adnan Januzaj scores sublime winner for Sunderland (Video)August 24, 2016
- Done Deal: Former Man United & Newcastle midfielder Gabriel Obertan moves to RussiaAugust 24, 2016
- ‘War of Nutrition’ : Man United legend Ryan Giggs needs to work on his football cliches (Video)August 20, 2016
- The story of Ryan Giggs roughing up Cristiano Ronaldo at Man United for drinking Coke [Times]August 14, 2016
- Manchester United legend claims Ryan Giggs once got violent with Cristiano Ronaldo over a can of CokeJuly 31, 2016
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs produces awesome back-heel pass during Indian Futsal (Video)July 25, 2016