Ryan Giggs wants 1 more year as a Manchester United player from incoming manager Louis van Gaal [Mirror]
When he gave his teary-eyed speech at Old Trafford last week, many saw it as Giggs’ swansong in a Man United shirt.
At 40 years of age, it seemed the right time to finally bow out, but now it appears Giggs fancies one final year as a player.
Wednesday’s Mirror claim that the Welshman is set to tell as much to incoming manager Louis van Gaal, along with the same combined coaching role he held this season.
With van Gaal’s famed preference for youth over veterans, it’s anything but a sure thing…
Watch Live Stream
- Man United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan offers blunt assessment of the Ukrainian League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones shows Zlatan how frozen the Zorya Luhansk pitch is (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s EL game at Zorya Luhansk under threat over icy conditionsDecember 7, 2016
- Mourinho-loving granny gets giant tattoo of the Special OneDecember 7, 2016
- Patrice Evra sends an awesome birthday message to Ryan Giggs [Instagram]November 29, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs tells Tubes about his managerial ambitions (Video)November 19, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale names his greatest ever teammate and it’s not Cristiano RonaldoNovember 16, 2016
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero gets one over Man United’s legend Ryan GiggsNovember 5, 2016