Ryan Giggs wants 1 more year as a Manchester United player from incoming manager Louis van Gaal [Mirror]
When he gave his teary-eyed speech at Old Trafford last week, many saw it as Giggs’ swansong in a Man United shirt.
At 40 years of age, it seemed the right time to finally bow out, but now it appears Giggs fancies one final year as a player.
Wednesday’s Mirror claim that the Welshman is set to tell as much to incoming manager Louis van Gaal, along with the same combined coaching role he held this season.
With van Gaal’s famed preference for youth over veterans, it’s anything but a sure thing…
Watch Live Stream
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Patrice Evra buries the hatchet with Luis Suarez by congratulating the forward [Instagram]October 20, 2016
- Paul Pogba reveals what he said to Wayne Rooney before penalty vs Fenerbahce (Video)October 20, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s second goal against Fenerbahce was a top corner beauty (Video)October 20, 2016
- Ryan Giggs says Jose Mourinho may have ‘confused’ Wayne RooneyOctober 12, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs doesn’t like SnapChat (Video)October 11, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs on why he rejected the Swansea job (video)October 9, 2016
- Guidolin’s a goner at Swansea, Man United favourite is poised to take over [Sun]October 2, 2016