Ryan Giggs wants 1 more year as a Manchester United player from incoming manager Louis van Gaal [Mirror]
When he gave his teary-eyed speech at Old Trafford last week, many saw it as Giggs’ swansong in a Man United shirt.
At 40 years of age, it seemed the right time to finally bow out, but now it appears Giggs fancies one final year as a player.
Wednesday’s Mirror claim that the Welshman is set to tell as much to incoming manager Louis van Gaal, along with the same combined coaching role he held this season.
With van Gaal’s famed preference for youth over veterans, it’s anything but a sure thing…
Watch Live Stream
- ‘I need to protect him’: Jose Mourinho explains why Wayne Rooney may not start v Zorya (Video)September 28, 2016
- Wayne Rooney could sit out Europa League game and Sunday’s clash with Stoke [Sky Sports]September 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho ‘feels sorry’ for Sam Allardyce after his dream job ended in disaster (Video)September 28, 2016
- Jesse Lingard plays down impact of Wayne Rooney’s absence (Video)September 28, 2016
- Updates on whether Man United legend Ryan Giggs will take over at SwanseaSeptember 26, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs could make his EPL return if Liverpool win their next game [Mirror]September 25, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs tipped for coaching role in Eastern EuropeSeptember 22, 2016
- ‘War of Nutrition’ : Man United legend Ryan Giggs needs to work on his football cliches (Video)August 20, 2016