- Spoof! Arsenal fans produce a ‘say thanks’ Facebook video for Arsene Wenger [talkSPORT]
- Injured Arsenal star Mesut Ozil wishes Danny Welbeck Happy Birthday & a CL win [Screenshot]
- Don’t try & shoot! Dom Telford scores from 30 yards for Blackpool youth v Shrewsbury Town
- Kyle Walker takes part in spectacular Spurs rondo game; Harry Kane messes up [Video]
- Franck Ribery: Cristiano Ronaldo’s 2013 Ballon d’Or win ‘all politics’, now backs Neuer
Ryan Giggs plays 145th Champions League game – officially competition’s most experienced player
Ryan Giggs’ introduction in Manchester United’s 1-1 draw at Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday night claimed yet another record for the ageless Welshman.
The 39-year-old came on for Marouane Fellaini in the 66th minute and played his 145th Champions League game, officially a new record for Europe’s premier competition.
The appearance record was not all Giggs secured in the Ukraine, he also smashed a couple of other Champions League records.
He has become the first player to play in 19 Champions League seasons and first to play against 50 different clubs in Champions League history.
These are simply staggering records and it will be a surprise if they are ever beaten!
Manchester United celebrated the Giggs achievements on their official Twitter account (see above) and on Instagram, see below. His post-Donetsk interview is at the bottom of this page.
- Updated: October 3, 2013