- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Ryan Giggs plays 145th Champions League game – officially competition’s most experienced player
Ryan Giggs’ introduction in Manchester United’s 1-1 draw at Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday night claimed yet another record for the ageless Welshman.
The 39-year-old came on for Marouane Fellaini in the 66th minute and played his 145th Champions League game, officially a new record for Europe’s premier competition.
The appearance record was not all Giggs secured in the Ukraine, he also smashed a couple of other Champions League records.
He has become the first player to play in 19 Champions League seasons and first to play against 50 different clubs in Champions League history.
These are simply staggering records and it will be a surprise if they are ever beaten!
Manchester United celebrated the Giggs achievements on their official Twitter account (see above) and on Instagram, see below. His post-Donetsk interview is at the bottom of this page.
- Updated: October 3, 2013