Ryan Giggs plays 145th Champions League game – officially competition’s most experienced player
Ryan Giggs’ introduction in Manchester United’s 1-1 draw at Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday night claimed yet another record for the ageless Welshman.
The 39-year-old came on for Marouane Fellaini in the 66th minute and played his 145th Champions League game, officially a new record for Europe’s premier competition.
The appearance record was not all Giggs secured in the Ukraine, he also smashed a couple of other Champions League records.
He has become the first player to play in 19 Champions League seasons and first to play against 50 different clubs in Champions League history.
These are simply staggering records and it will be a surprise if they are ever beaten!
Manchester United celebrated the Giggs achievements on their official Twitter account (see above) and on Instagram, see below. His post-Donetsk interview is at the bottom of this page.
Watch Live Stream
- Watch Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s debut highlights for Man United v Galatasaray (Video)July 30, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic talked about Paul Pogba joining Man United on Swedish TV (Video)July 30, 2016
- All 5 Manchester United goals v Galatasaray (Official videos)July 30, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic loved Marcus Rashford’s pace to win Man United penalty (Video)July 30, 2016
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs produces awesome back-heel pass during Indian Futsal (Video)July 25, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs in line to take over as Hull manager following Bruce exit [Star]July 22, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs bags his first goal in 4-3 Premier Futsal winJuly 20, 2016
- Sean Garnier fools Ryan Giggs with an awesome piece of skill [Instagram Video]July 17, 2016