Ryan Bertrand becomes 23rd (!) Chelsea player to be farmed out on loan with temporary switch to Villa
- January 17, 2014
Chelsea are quietly creating a neat little cottage industry for themselves with the much maligned loan system.
As can be seen from the above Daily Mail cutting, Chelsea now have 23 players out on loan around Europe; the equivalent of an entire squad.
This has clearly gone beyond a joke with Chelsea, with the Blues exploiting a system which clearly wasn’t intended for these sort of numbers to be used by clubs.
Looking at the list, some of the players, Ulises Davila for example, are completely unheard of and this giant list calls Chelsea’s squad management into question.
What exactly is the point of keeping so many players on the books?! Why not just sell half of this dead wood?
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Chelsea YouTuber @feroze17 welcomes Radamel Falcao to the club with classy video
- Diego Costa smashes into people and scores nutmeg during futsal friendly in Kuwait [Video]
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- John Terry puts in comedic performance in new ad for Chelsea HD TV [Video]
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi