Ryan Bertrand becomes 23rd (!) Chelsea player to be farmed out on loan with temporary switch to Villa
- January 17, 2014
Chelsea are quietly creating a neat little cottage industry for themselves with the much maligned loan system.
As can be seen from the above Daily Mail cutting, Chelsea now have 23 players out on loan around Europe; the equivalent of an entire squad.
This has clearly gone beyond a joke with Chelsea, with the Blues exploiting a system which clearly wasn’t intended for these sort of numbers to be used by clubs.
Looking at the list, some of the players, Ulises Davila for example, are completely unheard of and this giant list calls Chelsea’s squad management into question.
What exactly is the point of keeping so many players on the books?! Why not just sell half of this dead wood?
- Jose Mourinho confused by Chelsea’s 2 red cards in 3 games (Video)
- Jose Mourinho refuses to answer questions about Everton boss Roberto Martinez (Video)
- Roberto Martinez draws a line under John Stones saga, confirms defender is staying at E...
- Chelsea target John Stones forced to “flee” his home by Everton “hate...
- The ‘Chinese Sergio Ramos’ tells Reuters he’s joining Chelsea (so is ...
- Chelsea thwarted again: Everton reject John Stones’ transfer request
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...