Ryan Bertrand becomes 23rd (!) Chelsea player to be farmed out on loan with temporary switch to Villa
- January 17, 2014
Chelsea are quietly creating a neat little cottage industry for themselves with the much maligned loan system.
As can be seen from the above Daily Mail cutting, Chelsea now have 23 players out on loan around Europe; the equivalent of an entire squad.
This has clearly gone beyond a joke with Chelsea, with the Blues exploiting a system which clearly wasn’t intended for these sort of numbers to be used by clubs.
Looking at the list, some of the players, Ulises Davila for example, are completely unheard of and this giant list calls Chelsea’s squad management into question.
What exactly is the point of keeping so many players on the books?! Why not just sell half of this dead wood?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...