- Andy Carroll gives his fiancee Billi Mucklow a secret room in their new house for Christmas [Instagram]
- Watford v Wolves: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Harry Kane’s Christmas message to all Spurs fans [Facebook video]
- Angel Di Maria wants Man United to sign Benfica’s Nicolas Gaitan [Fichajes]
- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
Russian Rebel? Zenit’s Igor Denisov blocks out the national anthem
Public dissent against the Russian state rarely goes down well.
Zenit midfielder Igor Denisov has drawn widespread attention for his strange behaviour during the rendition of the Russian national anthem on Monday.
As the music was playing in the pre-match pomp in the match with Anji Makhachkala, Denisov, a 28-year-old with 35 international caps, cupped his ears as if to blatantly block out the sound of the anthem whilst craning his neck towards the ground.
Disrespectful? Maybe, but if Denisov was making a protest nobody seems to know what his point was.
The other theory doing the rounds is far more straightforward. Denisov just had very cold ears.
Come to your own conclusions by watching the video below.
- Updated: December 11, 2012