Russian Rebel? Zenit’s Igor Denisov blocks out the national anthem
- December 11, 2012
Public dissent against the Russian state rarely goes down well.
Zenit midfielder Igor Denisov has drawn widespread attention for his strange behaviour during the rendition of the Russian national anthem on Monday.
As the music was playing in the pre-match pomp in the match with Anji Makhachkala, Denisov, a 28-year-old with 35 international caps, cupped his ears as if to blatantly block out the sound of the anthem whilst craning his neck towards the ground.
Disrespectful? Maybe, but if Denisov was making a protest nobody seems to know what his point was.
The other theory doing the rounds is far more straightforward. Denisov just had very cold ears.
Come to your own conclusions by watching the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”267012″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...