- Gary Neville on footballing ability of Sky pundit & Arsenal legend Thierry Henry [Video]
- David Moyes considering bring Liverpool’s Emre Can on loan to Real Sociedad [AS]
- Theo Zidane (Zinedine’s 3rd son) scores cracking goal for Real Madrid v Espanyol
- Tottenham v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Alexis Sanchez for player of the season so far?! [Graphic]
Rumours emerge Andy Carroll is injured again, might not play for West Ham until 2014
The son of West Ham co-owner David Sullivan has confirmed some bad news for the Hammers on Monday evening: star striker Andy Carroll picked up another injury in training today.
Carroll has not played for West Ham in 2013/2014 due to a heel injury that saw the England hitman miss the whole of pre-season.
After securing a 15 million pound move from Liverpool to West Ham in the summer, this is a major blow for Sam Allardyce’s side.
At the moment the rumours are simply swirling on social networks, but the Tweet above from Jack Sullivan, who is a great source for West Ham news is causing plenty of worry amongst Hammers.
As can be seen on the selection of the best Tweets below.
Re Andy Carroll – hear rumours he'll be out for a while – Thats the worst case – could be far less..scans will determine the extent.
— Ian Abrahams (@BroadcastMoose) September 9, 2013
I did say on deadline day we'd regret not signing a striker, due to the injury prone Andy Carroll. Could ruin our season.
— West Ham News (@WHUFC_News) September 9, 2013
Hear Andy Carroll is injured again? We've put all out eggs in one basket and could be in for really tough season. Bring @CarltonCole1 back.
— Jake Tomkins (@JakeTomkins) September 9, 2013
— Jack Teesdale (@JDTeesdale) September 9, 2013
Andy Carroll is injured again?! It's now official the football gods hate west ham.
— Wes Nelson (@WesN92) September 9, 2013
- Updated: September 9, 2013