Rubbish! Marca: Atletico Madrid agree personal terms with Arsenal playmaker Santi Cazorla
- July 17, 2013
Surely Arsenal are not selling playmaker Santi Cazorla after his awesome first season at the Emirates!
According to a report published in the early hours of Wednesday morning in Onda Cero and Radio Marca, Atletico Madrid have reached agreement with Santi Cazorla.
Atlético Madrid’s owner, Miguel Angel Gil Marín is now in London reportedly to negotiate with Arsenal over Cazorla.
With personal terms agreed with Cazorla, Atletico are keen to wrap up a deal for the two-footed midfielder.
Marca suggest that Cazorla is eager to link up with Spanish national team mate David Villa at the Vicente Calderon and would bring imagination to the Atletico midfield.
Quite simply, this report is a load of rubbish. Arsenal would not let go of one of their hottest properties, just one year into his stay in London.
In addition, it is questionable whether Atletico Madrid would be able to come up with the necessary fee to buy Cazorla.
This stinks of the diminutive Spaniard looking for a pay rise. Cazorla should be on pay parity with the likes of Lukas Podolski and Theo Walcott and with all the talk of a big signing at Arsenal, probably wants a new deal this summer.
Or Cazorla’s agent does.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...