- Lithuanian futsal player Ervins Krainis scores fantastic overhead kick [Video]
- Arsenal players get followed around by Christmas carolers singing football chants in brilliant BT advert
- Louis van Gaal: Sir Alex Ferguson said winning was enough but it’s not, performances matter [Video]
- Barcelona celebrate Eric Abidal’s finest moments at the club in tribute video
- Eric Abidal scored two goals for Barcelona, one of which came in El Clasico [Video]
Rubbish! Marca: Atletico Madrid agree personal terms with Arsenal playmaker Santi Cazorla
Surely Arsenal are not selling playmaker Santi Cazorla after his awesome first season at the Emirates!
According to a report published in the early hours of Wednesday morning in Onda Cero and Radio Marca, Atletico Madrid have reached agreement with Santi Cazorla.
Atlético Madrid’s owner, Miguel Angel Gil Marín is now in London reportedly to negotiate with Arsenal over Cazorla.
With personal terms agreed with Cazorla, Atletico are keen to wrap up a deal for the two-footed midfielder.
Marca suggest that Cazorla is eager to link up with Spanish national team mate David Villa at the Vicente Calderon and would bring imagination to the Atletico midfield.
Quite simply, this report is a load of rubbish. Arsenal would not let go of one of their hottest properties, just one year into his stay in London.
In addition, it is questionable whether Atletico Madrid would be able to come up with the necessary fee to buy Cazorla.
This stinks of the diminutive Spaniard looking for a pay rise. Cazorla should be on pay parity with the likes of Lukas Podolski and Theo Walcott and with all the talk of a big signing at Arsenal, probably wants a new deal this summer.
Or Cazorla’s agent does.
- Updated: July 17, 2013