Roy Keane laughs off Kompany’s suggestion City were better than Barça: ‘Doesn’t know what he’s talking about’
- February 18, 2014
Roy Keane shoots straight from the hip, so to speak.
The straight-talkin’, no nonsense Irishman was at his fiery best in the ITV studios tonight, on punditry duty for City v Barcelona.
And after the game, Keano was dumbfounded by what he’d just heard from City skipper Kompany, that the Citizens were the superior team, and that the Catalans were there for the taking.
Counting to 10, Keane laughed off the suggestion, saying that ‘he must be tired after the game to say that…he clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about’.
Going on to say ‘you have to make excuses when you lose, Keano said he doesn’t give City so much as a prayer of salvaging the tie in the return leg in Barcelona.
Did he take extra pleasure in this rant because of the team he was dealing with…?
- Gerard Pique explains how he learned how to become a prankster at Manchester United
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...