Roy Keane laughs off Kompany’s suggestion City were better than Barça: ‘Doesn’t know what he’s talking about’
- February 18, 2014
Roy Keane shoots straight from the hip, so to speak.
The straight-talkin’, no nonsense Irishman was at his fiery best in the ITV studios tonight, on punditry duty for City v Barcelona.
And after the game, Keano was dumbfounded by what he’d just heard from City skipper Kompany, that the Citizens were the superior team, and that the Catalans were there for the taking.
Counting to 10, Keane laughed off the suggestion, saying that ‘he must be tired after the game to say that…he clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about’.
Going on to say ‘you have to make excuses when you lose, Keano said he doesn’t give City so much as a prayer of salvaging the tie in the return leg in Barcelona.
Did he take extra pleasure in this rant because of the team he was dealing with…?
- Thomas Vermaelen says injuries are behind him after ‘disappointing year’ (V...
- Neymar asks for his Dad to be left alone amid Barcelona transfer investigation (Video)
- Fail: US newspaper write up hilariously error-strewn report of Man United 3 – Bar...
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls Cristiano Ronaldo ‘good’ in a word association gam...
- Former Barcelona midfielder Ibrahim Afellay is having a medical at Stoke [Sky Sports]
- Leo Messi has demanded retraction from France Football for claiming he received €3.5m f...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi