- Fergie: ‘Man United’s Michael Carrick is best centre midfielder in the Premier League’ [Video]
- Carlos Tevez nutmegs the keeper, gives Juve the lead v Napoli [Video]
- Manchester City stars (Aguero, Nasri) play FIFA 15, Yaya Toure refuses to pick United! [Video]
- Roma want to take Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski on loan to cover for Gervinho’s AFCON absence [Gazzetta]
- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
Roy Keane first press conference as part of the Republic of Ireland set-up
Last week Roy Keane was appointed Republic of Ireland assistant manager to new manager Martin O’Neil.
The strange double appointment is sure to interesting and today former Manchester United captain Roy Keane gave his first press conference in his new role.
After publicly falling out with the FAI in 2002, Roy Keane handed the press conference brilliantly and it can be watched in full below.
Here are some of the best quotes:
“I’m not here to try and change anyone’s opinion of myself, or decisions I’ve made in the past. I spent years trying to please everybody and, trust me, it’s a waste of time and energy, you have just got to do what you think is right and get on with it.”
He joked, “We’ve had a lovely few days, the hotel has been lovely, the food’s been excellent, the training ground is lovely, no potholes. We’ve got footballs. It’s been great, bibs and everything. Major progress.”
“You don’t know Martin as well as you think, do you,” he chided. “He makes me look like Mother Theresa. It’s going to interesting.”
- Updated: November 13, 2013