Roy Keane first press conference as part of the Republic of Ireland set-up
Last week Roy Keane was appointed Republic of Ireland assistant manager to new manager Martin O’Neil.
The strange double appointment is sure to interesting and today former Manchester United captain Roy Keane gave his first press conference in his new role.
After publicly falling out with the FAI in 2002, Roy Keane handed the press conference brilliantly and it can be watched in full below.
Here are some of the best quotes:
“I’m not here to try and change anyone’s opinion of myself, or decisions I’ve made in the past. I spent years trying to please everybody and, trust me, it’s a waste of time and energy, you have just got to do what you think is right and get on with it.”
He joked, “We’ve had a lovely few days, the hotel has been lovely, the food’s been excellent, the training ground is lovely, no potholes. We’ve got footballs. It’s been great, bibs and everything. Major progress.”
“You don’t know Martin as well as you think, do you,” he chided. “He makes me look like Mother Theresa. It’s going to interesting.”
Watch Live Stream
- Stoke City’s Jon Walters hilarious quotes on his recent surgery ahead of Euro 2016March 31st, 2016
- Newcastle goalkeeper Rob Elliot picks up painful injury playing for Ireland [Tweets]March 29th, 2016
- Prankster calls in Sky Sports News pretending to be Stoke City’s Shay Given [Tweets]March 27th, 2016
- Martin O’Neill jokes that ugly WAGs will be banned from Ireland’s Euro 2016 camp (Video)March 25th, 2016
- Roma’s Daniele De Rossi admits he is a fan of Oasis, Roy Keane and Glasgow [Football Italia]May 6th, 2016
- The FAI post Roy Keane-inspired message of support to Irish hero Conor McGregorApril 20th, 2016
- Roy Keane has wasted no time (jokingly) digging boot into Gary Neville after 1st Valencia defeatDecember 10th, 2015
- ‘No Real Quality’: Roy Keane excoriated Man United after Champions League exit (Video)December 10th, 2015