Roy Keane first press conference as part of the Republic of Ireland set-up
Last week Roy Keane was appointed Republic of Ireland assistant manager to new manager Martin O’Neil.
The strange double appointment is sure to interesting and today former Manchester United captain Roy Keane gave his first press conference in his new role.
After publicly falling out with the FAI in 2002, Roy Keane handed the press conference brilliantly and it can be watched in full below.
Here are some of the best quotes:
“I’m not here to try and change anyone’s opinion of myself, or decisions I’ve made in the past. I spent years trying to please everybody and, trust me, it’s a waste of time and energy, you have just got to do what you think is right and get on with it.”
He joked, “We’ve had a lovely few days, the hotel has been lovely, the food’s been excellent, the training ground is lovely, no potholes. We’ve got footballs. It’s been great, bibs and everything. Major progress.”
“You don’t know Martin as well as you think, do you,” he chided. “He makes me look like Mother Theresa. It’s going to interesting.”
Watch Live Stream
- BBC pundits mock Arsenal legend Thierry Henry for famous handball v Rep. of Ireland (Video)June 26, 2016
- Antoine Griezmann’s MOTM display for France v Ireland (Official Video)June 26, 2016
- France star Dimitri Payet consoles his West Ham teammate after 2-1 defeat (Video)June 26, 2016
- France’s Antoine Griezmann hailed online after brilliant double v Republic of Ireland [Best Tweets]June 26, 2016
- Man United legend Roy Keane watches Barcelona train (Video)July 27, 2016
- Man United legend Roy Keane takes the piss out of old Arsenal foe Lee Dixon (Video)July 11, 2016
- Ryan Giggs trolls Roy Keane ahead of Ireland v Wales World Cup qualifier (Video)July 8, 2016
- Tense: Lee Dixon trolls Ireland coach Roy Keane (Video)July 6, 2016