Roy Keane first press conference as part of the Republic of Ireland set-up
- November 13, 2013
Last week Roy Keane was appointed Republic of Ireland assistant manager to new manager Martin O’Neil.
The strange double appointment is sure to interesting and today former Manchester United captain Roy Keane gave his first press conference in his new role.
After publicly falling out with the FAI in 2002, Roy Keane handed the press conference brilliantly and it can be watched in full below.
Here are some of the best quotes:
“I’m not here to try and change anyone’s opinion of myself, or decisions I’ve made in the past. I spent years trying to please everybody and, trust me, it’s a waste of time and energy, you have just got to do what you think is right and get on with it.”
He joked, “We’ve had a lovely few days, the hotel has been lovely, the food’s been excellent, the training ground is lovely, no potholes. We’ve got footballs. It’s been great, bibs and everything. Major progress.”
“You don’t know Martin as well as you think, do you,” he chided. “He makes me look like Mother Theresa. It’s going to interesting.”
- Man United legend Roy Keane is suing Paddy Power for a billboard featuring his face [Pi...
- Scotland bag a point at the Republic of Ireland [Official Highlights]
- An Irish journalist asks Ireland’s Alex Pearce if he’d like to “rear ...
- Twitter goes crazy as Andy Townsend returns for one last game on ITV [Best Tweets]
- England fans troll the Irish singing ‘Sepp Blatter, he paid for your ground’...
- Mega International Friendly Odds: 18/1 on Ireland to win, or 9/1 on England!!!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...