Roy Keane first press conference as part of the Republic of Ireland set-up
- November 13, 2013
Last week Roy Keane was appointed Republic of Ireland assistant manager to new manager Martin O’Neil.
The strange double appointment is sure to interesting and today former Manchester United captain Roy Keane gave his first press conference in his new role.
After publicly falling out with the FAI in 2002, Roy Keane handed the press conference brilliantly and it can be watched in full below.
Here are some of the best quotes:
“I’m not here to try and change anyone’s opinion of myself, or decisions I’ve made in the past. I spent years trying to please everybody and, trust me, it’s a waste of time and energy, you have just got to do what you think is right and get on with it.”
He joked, “We’ve had a lovely few days, the hotel has been lovely, the food’s been excellent, the training ground is lovely, no potholes. We’ve got footballs. It’s been great, bibs and everything. Major progress.”
“You don’t know Martin as well as you think, do you,” he chided. “He makes me look like Mother Theresa. It’s going to interesting.”
- Scotland bag a point at the Republic of Ireland [Official Highlights]
- An Irish journalist asks Ireland’s Alex Pearce if he’d like to “rear ...
- Twitter goes crazy as Andy Townsend returns for one last game on ITV [Best Tweets]
- England fans troll the Irish singing ‘Sepp Blatter, he paid for your ground’...
- Mega International Friendly Odds: 18/1 on Ireland to win, or 9/1 on England!!!
- Eamon Dunphy defends the FAI for taking €5m off FIFA after the Thierry Henry handball [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi