Roy Hodgson tells Chelsea’s Ashley Cole that he won’t make England’s World Cup squad [Telegraph]
- May 11, 2014
Chelsea’s Ashley Cole has featured heavily recently but has struggled for playing time under Jose Mourinho this season.
The 33 year old England servant does not know where his future lies, but according to the Telegraph, it definitely doesn’t lie in Brazil.
The Telegraph claim England manager Roy Hodgson told Chelsea’s Ashley Cole that he won’t make the World Cup squad on Sunday evening.
He is now likely to retire from International football after declining to be put on the standby list.
Competing with Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw for two spots, one star player was always going to miss out but is it a mistake to lose the vital tournament experience that Cole has?
- Chelsea legend Ashley Cole makes horrendous mistake to gift Man City a goal [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s best chance against AS Roma foiled by old nemesis Ashley Cole...
- Ashley Cole pulls off audacious back-heel pass to De Sanctis against Real Madrid [Video]
- Chelsea legends in spot kick battle: Ashley Cole takes woeful penalty v Didier Drogba [...
- Arsenal fans outside Wembley sing homophobic song about ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole [Video]
- Ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole committed a horrible, late foul for AS Roma in Serie A [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi