Roy Hodgson tells Chelsea’s Ashley Cole that he won’t make England’s World Cup squad [Telegraph]
- May 11, 2014
Chelsea’s Ashley Cole has featured heavily recently but has struggled for playing time under Jose Mourinho this season.
The 33 year old England servant does not know where his future lies, but according to the Telegraph, it definitely doesn’t lie in Brazil.
The Telegraph claim England manager Roy Hodgson told Chelsea’s Ashley Cole that he won’t make the World Cup squad on Sunday evening.
He is now likely to retire from International football after declining to be put on the standby list.
Competing with Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw for two spots, one star player was always going to miss out but is it a mistake to lose the vital tournament experience that Cole has?
- Arsenal fans outside Wembley sing homophobic song about ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole [Video]
- Ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole committed a horrible, late foul for AS Roma in Serie A [Video]
- Neil Warnock: ‘I’d love Ashley Cole, but he’s not gonna come to Palac...
- Chelsea fan tries to put Ashley Cole Christmas Tree in Arsenal Shop, it gets destroyed ...
- Chelsea United! Man City’s Frank Lampard & Roma’s Ashley Cole take a p...
- Seriously? England Twitter account features Ashley Cole (45 mins) & John Stones as...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi