Roy Hodgson tells Chelsea’s Ashley Cole that he won’t make England’s World Cup squad [Telegraph]
Chelsea’s Ashley Cole has featured heavily recently but has struggled for playing time under Jose Mourinho this season.
The 33 year old England servant does not know where his future lies, but according to the Telegraph, it definitely doesn’t lie in Brazil.
The Telegraph claim England manager Roy Hodgson told Chelsea’s Ashley Cole that he won’t make the World Cup squad on Sunday evening.
He is now likely to retire from International football after declining to be put on the standby list.
Competing with Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw for two spots, one star player was always going to miss out but is it a mistake to lose the vital tournament experience that Cole has?
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea old boy Ashley Cole trolls Spurs on social mediaNovember 26, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard poses for picture with best left-back on the planetNovember 10, 2016
- Ashley Cole apologises to Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard after LA Galaxy lossNovember 7, 2016
- Former Chelsea star is the toughest opponent Cristiano Ronaldo has ever facedOctober 27, 2016
- Terry and Loftus-Cheek talk about ‘the Journey’ process in BTS EA Sports videoDecember 8, 2016
- 737th overall in Fantasy Premier League & not a single transfer this seasonDecember 8, 2016
- Lots of Chelsea fans don’t even want Arsenal’s star player [Tweets]December 8, 2016
- John Terry films bizarre goalkeeper exercise at Chelsea trainingDecember 8, 2016
- Gareth Southgate gives first interview as permanent England manager (Video)November 30, 2016
- Gareth Southgate has been offered the England job [Sun]November 24, 2016
- Wilfried Zaha set to switch to the Ivory Coast despite having played for England [BBC]November 22, 2016
- Gareth Southgate to be confirmed as England manager after three-hour interview [Telegraph]November 21, 2016