Roy Hodgson confirms England are interested in Manchester United weekend hero Adnan Januzaj
England manager Roy Hodgson featured on Saturday night’s Match of the Day and was asked about Manchester United 2 goal hero Adnan Januzaj.
Yet to be capped, 18 year old Januzaj is eligible to play for a number of countries.
Sunday’s newspapers are linking Januzaj to English nationality after David Moyes compared the young talent to that of Wayne Rooney and Ross Barkley.
Hodgson said, “There’s no doubt that he’s a real talent and we have our eyes on him but a lot will have to be discussed.”
“He’s been with United for a long period of time and of course that discussion will have to be seriously debated before we start naturalising players.”
“Yes, down the line if he becomes naturalised or if he becomes a homegrown product.”
The young man’s crucial goals in United’s 2-1 win over Sunderland can be seen below:
- Belgium coach Marc Wilmots backs Adnan Januzaj to take Bundesliga by storm (Quotes)
- Louis van Gaal: De Gea was my best player last year, I’m very happy he’s st...
- Watch individual highlights of Adnan Januzaj’s goalscoring Borussia Dortmund debu...
- Man United fans react to Adnan Januzaj scoring 18 minutes into Dortmund debut (Best Twe...
- England boss Roy Hodgson heckles Wayne Rooney before his dressing room speech (Video)
- England boss Roy Hodgson happy to offer Raheem Sterling advice amid contract situation ...
- Roy Hodgson and Gary Cahill get grilled by school children in Q&A session [Video]
- It looked like England manager Roy Hodgson got a colonoscopy during the Italy game [Vine]