- Arsene Wenger explains why Olivier Giroud is not on Arsenal CL squad list
- Individual Highlights: Ander Herrera (Man United U21s) v Blackburn
- Sergio Aguero on his stunning Man City hat-trick v Bayern Munich [video]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas hits back at Sergio Ramos’ Spain criticisms: ‘Say it to my face!’ [Sport]
- “Amazing! Top football!” Jose Mourinho on Chelsea’s 5-0 win at Schalke [Video]
Rooney will stay at Man United for same £250k pay + De Gea bags a pay rise [Daily Star Sunday]
Whilst the majority of the Sunday papers lead with other sports besides football (e.g. tennis and rugby) the Daily Star Sunday have two Manchester United claims on the back of their paper tomorrow.
The lead centres around Wayne Rooney who will reportedly be willing to stay at Old Trafford if he can extend his current deal which is believed to be worth 250,000 pounds a week.
Ever since Sir Alex Ferguson revealed Wayne Rooney had asked to leave Manchester United at the back end of last season, it has been widely reported that the England striker would depart under new manager David Moyes.
The likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Barcelona have all been linked and there could well be a resolution this week when Manchester United return for pre-season training.
Also on the back of the Daily Star Sunday is the totally believable suggestion that David De Gea has secured a 1 million pound pay rise.
A crucial part of Manchester United’s Premier League title success, it seems likely that the Spain Under-21 custodian could be close to agreeing new terms at Old Trafford.
- Updated: June 29, 2013