Rooney & RVP produce 2 miss of the season contenders during Man United win over Leverkusen
Manchester United beat Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 in David Moyes’ 1st Champions League game at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.
Wayne Rooney claimed a brace to take him to 200 goals for Manchester United, an incredible record, and Robin van Persie also scored in what was a comfortable night.
Yet, two of the finest strikers in world football produced two of the worst misses you have ever seen in a high profile game.
First Rooney, with the score at 1-0 to United, the England striker rounded Bayer keeper Bernd Leno, with a gaping goal and RVP square – there simply was no excuse for failing to make it 2-0 one way or the other.
The fact that Simon Rolfes equalised immediately after left Rooney looking pretty bad until United stepped it up a gear.
Van Persie’s miss came with seconds remaining but he was so close to goal that it was also unforgivable.
GIFs of both misses are below.
- Man United player complains he’s ‘half the player I can be’ under Louis van Gaa...
- Roy Keane absolutely destroyed Wayne Rooney post Man United 0 – PSV 0 (Video)
- Man United fan calls up BBC Radio to accuse Louis van Gaal of ‘destroying’ the club (...
- Paul Scholes claims that Anthony Martial is not Man United’s solution after 0-0 draw with P...
- Diego Costa’s time up at Chelsea? Blues consider moves for Robin van Persie & a Spurs ...
- Ryan Shawcross talks about squabble with Robin van Persie and his time at Man United (Video)
- Man United old boys Nani and Robin van Persie both find the target for Fenerbahce (Videos)
- Fenerbahce want to keep Robin van Persie despite reports linking striker with exit