Rooney & RVP produce 2 miss of the season contenders during Man United win over Leverkusen
- September 17, 2013
Manchester United beat Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 in David Moyes’ 1st Champions League game at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.
Wayne Rooney claimed a brace to take him to 200 goals for Manchester United, an incredible record, and Robin van Persie also scored in what was a comfortable night.
Yet, two of the finest strikers in world football produced two of the worst misses you have ever seen in a high profile game.
First Rooney, with the score at 1-0 to United, the England striker rounded Bayer keeper Bernd Leno, with a gaping goal and RVP square – there simply was no excuse for failing to make it 2-0 one way or the other.
The fact that Simon Rolfes equalised immediately after left Rooney looking pretty bad until United stepped it up a gear.
Van Persie’s miss came with seconds remaining but he was so close to goal that it was also unforgivable.
GIFs of both misses are below.
Rafa Benitez unveiled as Real Madrid coach, refuses to discuss Iker Casillas
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]