- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Rooney & RVP produce 2 miss of the season contenders during Man United win over Leverkusen
Manchester United beat Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 in David Moyes’ 1st Champions League game at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.
Wayne Rooney claimed a brace to take him to 200 goals for Manchester United, an incredible record, and Robin van Persie also scored in what was a comfortable night.
Yet, two of the finest strikers in world football produced two of the worst misses you have ever seen in a high profile game.
First Rooney, with the score at 1-0 to United, the England striker rounded Bayer keeper Bernd Leno, with a gaping goal and RVP square – there simply was no excuse for failing to make it 2-0 one way or the other.
The fact that Simon Rolfes equalised immediately after left Rooney looking pretty bad until United stepped it up a gear.
Van Persie’s miss came with seconds remaining but he was so close to goal that it was also unforgivable.
GIFs of both misses are below.
- Updated: September 17, 2013