Rooney & RVP produce 2 miss of the season contenders during Man United win over Leverkusen
- September 17, 2013
Manchester United beat Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 in David Moyes’ 1st Champions League game at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.
Wayne Rooney claimed a brace to take him to 200 goals for Manchester United, an incredible record, and Robin van Persie also scored in what was a comfortable night.
Yet, two of the finest strikers in world football produced two of the worst misses you have ever seen in a high profile game.
First Rooney, with the score at 1-0 to United, the England striker rounded Bayer keeper Bernd Leno, with a gaping goal and RVP square – there simply was no excuse for failing to make it 2-0 one way or the other.
The fact that Simon Rolfes equalised immediately after left Rooney looking pretty bad until United stepped it up a gear.
Van Persie’s miss came with seconds remaining but he was so close to goal that it was also unforgivable.
GIFs of both misses are below.
- David De Gea says he is returning to Man United training when asked about Real Madrid m...
- Arsenal & Man United linked to Karim Benzema as Cristiano Ronaldo is set to play t...
- Man United finally confirm sale of Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez to Dinamo Zagreb
- Robin van Persie’s agent says his client will be at Man United training on Monday...
- Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris still in regular contact with Man United [L’Equipe]
- Man United fans react to fresh news of talks with Tottenham for £40m Harry Kane [Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi