Rooney & RVP produce 2 miss of the season contenders during Man United win over Leverkusen
Manchester United beat Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 in David Moyes’ 1st Champions League game at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.
Wayne Rooney claimed a brace to take him to 200 goals for Manchester United, an incredible record, and Robin van Persie also scored in what was a comfortable night.
Yet, two of the finest strikers in world football produced two of the worst misses you have ever seen in a high profile game.
First Rooney, with the score at 1-0 to United, the England striker rounded Bayer keeper Bernd Leno, with a gaping goal and RVP square – there simply was no excuse for failing to make it 2-0 one way or the other.
The fact that Simon Rolfes equalised immediately after left Rooney looking pretty bad until United stepped it up a gear.
Van Persie’s miss came with seconds remaining but he was so close to goal that it was also unforgivable.
GIFs of both misses are below.
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin scores a cracking volley at France training (video)
- Man United playmaker Juan Mata plays FIFA 16 v Spencer FC (video)
- Manchester United legend David Beckham reveals his toughest ever opponent (Video)
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge taunts Man United over Thomas Muller pursuit (Quotes)
- Arjen Robben is considering legal action against Fenerbache because of this advert (Video)
- After being dumped by Man United, Robin van Persie speaks out about being benched by Fe...
- Ex Man United striker Robin Van Persie scores winner for Fenerbahce v Bursaspor (video)
- Robin van Persie loses Dutch captaincy, Arjen Robben takes over the Oranje armband
- Watch the BBC documentary on Man United striker Wayne Rooney, presented by Gary Lineker...
- Wayne Rooney documentary: The man behind the goals – best quotes & Tweets
- David Beckham thinks Wayne Rooney is playing well for Man United, tips AC Milan to win ...
- Man United’s Wayne Rooney hails Juan Mata on Instagram after MOTM display v Wolfs...