Rooney & Moyes held a secret meeting about the striker staying at Man United [Sun on Sunday]
- June 30, 2013
Going against consensus opinion which reports that Wayne Rooney and David Moyes are to have a sit down next week, the Sun on Sunday have splashed their backpage with an ‘EXCLUSIVE’ saying that the meeting has already happened.
The article, written by Charlie Wyett, portrays also Rooney at odds with United legend Sir Alex Ferguson, detailing that the forward has beef with the former Manchester United boss fo things that happened last seasnon.
David Moyes has secretly met Wayne Rooney in a bid to persuade the troubled star to stay at Manchester United. During the hush-hush meeting, Rooney revealed his anger at Alex Ferguson’s claims he had handed in a transfer request.
England striker Rooney, 27, also opened up about his frustration at being axed by Fergie for big games last season and was dismayed the former boss seemed to question his fitness levels.
Whilst the Sun seem to claim to have the inside scoop on Rooney’s future at Old Trafford, their sources failed to back up the claims in the Star who leaked that Rooney is willing to stay at Old Trafford if he can extend his current deal which is believed to be worth 250,000 pounds a week.
Perhaps the most obvious question on the piece in the Sun on Sunday is when did this now-not-so-secret Rooney-Moyes get-together happen?
It is noticeable that the Sun fail to detail when Rooney and Moyes met (was it last week, two weeks ago, when?!) particularly as Moyes has been America whilst Rooney has spent his weekend at Glastonbury.
A copy of the backpage of the Sun on Sunday can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...