Rooney & Moyes didn’t talk on his 1st day back at Man United, jokes about sit-down fly
- July 3, 2013
The minute by minute updates surrounding Wayne Rooney’s future at Manchester United took another twist on Wednesday.
Rooney, long tipped to want to leave Old Trafford, returned to Carrington on Wednesday for his first day of pre-season training with the Red Devils, but despite incessant paper talk that new manager David Moyes wanted to sit down with his centre-forward as soon as possible, Sky Sports News updated viewers that Rooney left training without such a meeting taking place.
Noticeably, rumours promulgated by the Sun on Sunday that Moyes and Rooney had already held a secret meeting appear to have vanished into thin air.
According to Sky Sports News, Rooney spent three hours at Man United’s training complex on his first day back at work before departing home.
Sky Sports added that “we understand that [Moyes] and Rooney are still planning to meet today, or at latest tomorrow.”
Along with Sky Sports’ update, plenty of jokesters have begun putting together pictures and artwork making fun of the eagerly anticipated meeting between Manchester United’s manager an number 10.
Video of Sky Sport’s report can be seen below, along with jokes about pair’s sit-down at Old Trafford.
Breaking: Wayne Rooney and David Moyes have been photographed arguing today at Manchester United's training ground! pic.twitter.com/k4N9mlbdG3
— ✨✨LFCKOPVIEW✨✨✨ (@LFCKOPVIEW) July 3, 2013
— James McMath (@MrJamesMcMath) July 3, 2013
— Alex Simmonds (@alex_simmo) July 3, 2013
— Annie Eaves (@AnnieEaves) July 2, 2013
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi