Rooney & Moyes didn’t talk on his 1st day back at Man United, jokes about sit-down fly
- July 3, 2013
The minute by minute updates surrounding Wayne Rooney’s future at Manchester United took another twist on Wednesday.
Rooney, long tipped to want to leave Old Trafford, returned to Carrington on Wednesday for his first day of pre-season training with the Red Devils, but despite incessant paper talk that new manager David Moyes wanted to sit down with his centre-forward as soon as possible, Sky Sports News updated viewers that Rooney left training without such a meeting taking place.
Noticeably, rumours promulgated by the Sun on Sunday that Moyes and Rooney had already held a secret meeting appear to have vanished into thin air.
According to Sky Sports News, Rooney spent three hours at Man United’s training complex on his first day back at work before departing home.
Sky Sports added that “we understand that [Moyes] and Rooney are still planning to meet today, or at latest tomorrow.”
Along with Sky Sports’ update, plenty of jokesters have begun putting together pictures and artwork making fun of the eagerly anticipated meeting between Manchester United’s manager an number 10.
Video of Sky Sport’s report can be seen below, along with jokes about pair’s sit-down at Old Trafford.
Breaking: Wayne Rooney and David Moyes have been photographed arguing today at Manchester United's training ground! pic.twitter.com/k4N9mlbdG3
— ✨✨LFCKOPVIEW✨✨✨ (@LFCKOPVIEW) July 3, 2013
— James McMath (@MrJamesMcMath) July 3, 2013
— Alex Simmonds (@alex_simmo) July 3, 2013
— Annie Eaves (@AnnieEaves) July 2, 2013
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...