Ronaldinho v Cristiano Ronaldo: Who scored the better free-kick on Wednesday night?
- August 8, 2013
In the early hours of Thursday morning (in the UK) two modern-day greats were strutting their stuff in America and Brazil respectively.
First up, Ronaldinho scored a beauty of a free-kick for Atletico Mineiro in their 2-2 draw with Botafogo.
The Copa Libertadores champions had to come from behind late on but their first goal was glorious as Dinho curled one in off the bar.
A couple of hours later, Cristiano Ronaldo played a match winning performance for Real Madrid as they ran out 3-1 winners over Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea.
There was no shortage of needle after Mourinho’s comments earlier this week that he worked with the “real” Ronaldo at Barcelona.
Ronaldo claimed a brace, the first a curled free-kick that beat one of the best keepers in world football, Petr Cech.
At least the Czech Republic keeper dived. Botafogo keeper Jefferson just stood in awe of Ronaldinho’s effort.
Video & GIFs of the Ronaldinho and Cristiano Ronaldo free-kicks are below. Preceded by a poll.
(If you haven’t had enough of sweetly struck free-kicks, check out this great effort from Miralem Pjanic for Roma v Toronto, also on Wednesday night.)
[gthumb id=”341961″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”342009″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”341953″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”341963″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...