Ronaldinho v Cristiano Ronaldo: Who scored the better free-kick on Wednesday night?
- August 8, 2013
In the early hours of Thursday morning (in the UK) two modern-day greats were strutting their stuff in America and Brazil respectively.
First up, Ronaldinho scored a beauty of a free-kick for Atletico Mineiro in their 2-2 draw with Botafogo.
The Copa Libertadores champions had to come from behind late on but their first goal was glorious as Dinho curled one in off the bar.
A couple of hours later, Cristiano Ronaldo played a match winning performance for Real Madrid as they ran out 3-1 winners over Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea.
There was no shortage of needle after Mourinho’s comments earlier this week that he worked with the “real” Ronaldo at Barcelona.
Ronaldo claimed a brace, the first a curled free-kick that beat one of the best keepers in world football, Petr Cech.
At least the Czech Republic keeper dived. Botafogo keeper Jefferson just stood in awe of Ronaldinho’s effort.
Video & GIFs of the Ronaldinho and Cristiano Ronaldo free-kicks are below. Preceded by a poll.
(If you haven’t had enough of sweetly struck free-kicks, check out this great effort from Miralem Pjanic for Roma v Toronto, also on Wednesday night.)
[gthumb id=”341961″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”342009″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”341953″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”341963″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi