- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
Ronaldinho gets sent off at the Club World Cup for a two-footed kick out at a Guangzhou Evergrande player
Is this the final contribution Ronaldinho will ever make for Brazilian outfit Atletico Mineiro?
Ronaldinho, whose contract expires at Atletico Mineiro at the end of 2013, was sent off in the 87th minute of the third placed playoff at the Club World Cup on Saturday.
The buck-toothed wondered picked up a straight red card after his thrusted a two footed lunge into the legs of a Guangzhou Evergrande player right under the referee’s nose.
Of course Ronaldinho’s actions were not completely out of the blue. The Brazilian playmaker, who had received a kicked from Chinese players throughout the match in Morocco, was provoked into his assualt after a Guangzhou player kicked him as he was falling to the ground after being fouled.
Pissed at being kicked when he was vulnerable, Ronaldinho reacted with his doubled-footed kick out and the red card was quickly shown.
The dismissal tarnished Ronaldinho’s day after the #10 scored a fabulous free-kick earlier in the game.
For the record, Atletico Mineiro won the match 3-2 thanks to a late winner from Luan in injury time.
Footage of ROnaldinho’s red card offence plus his free-kick golazo are below.
- Updated: December 21, 2013