Ronaldinho gets sent off at the Club World Cup for a two-footed kick out at a Guangzhou Evergrande player
Is this the final contribution Ronaldinho will ever make for Brazilian outfit Atletico Mineiro?
Ronaldinho, whose contract expires at Atletico Mineiro at the end of 2013, was sent off in the 87th minute of the third placed playoff at the Club World Cup on Saturday.
The buck-toothed wondered picked up a straight red card after his thrusted a two footed lunge into the legs of a Guangzhou Evergrande player right under the referee’s nose.
Of course Ronaldinho’s actions were not completely out of the blue. The Brazilian playmaker, who had received a kicked from Chinese players throughout the match in Morocco, was provoked into his assualt after a Guangzhou player kicked him as he was falling to the ground after being fouled.
Pissed at being kicked when he was vulnerable, Ronaldinho reacted with his doubled-footed kick out and the red card was quickly shown.
The dismissal tarnished Ronaldinho’s day after the #10 scored a fabulous free-kick earlier in the game.
For the record, Atletico Mineiro won the match 3-2 thanks to a late winner from Luan in injury time.
Footage of ROnaldinho’s red card offence plus his free-kick golazo are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Atletico Mineiro’s Robinho hit by a lighter at Racing Club, does a Dida (Video)April 28th, 2016
- Robinho scores perfect hat-trick for Atletico Mineiro (Video)March 7th, 2016
- Now at Atletico Mineiro, it’s nice to see that Robinho is still useless (Video)March 1st, 2016
- Atletico Mineiro have released their new shirts using Brazilian models in their underwearFebruary 16th, 2016
- Barcelona legends Ronaldinho and Belletti look back on 2006 UCL final win over Arsenal (Video)May 17th, 2016
- Ronaldinho outdoes himself with no-look flick assist against Mexico All Stars (GIF)May 14th, 2016
- Ronaldinho, Jose Mourinho and FIFA Legends meet up in Mexico (Video)May 11th, 2016
- Brazilian legend Ronaldinho set to move to MLS or China [Fox Sports]March 27th, 2016