Ronaldinho gets sent off at the Club World Cup for a two-footed kick out at a Guangzhou Evergrande player
Is this the final contribution Ronaldinho will ever make for Brazilian outfit Atletico Mineiro?
Ronaldinho, whose contract expires at Atletico Mineiro at the end of 2013, was sent off in the 87th minute of the third placed playoff at the Club World Cup on Saturday.
The buck-toothed wondered picked up a straight red card after his thrusted a two footed lunge into the legs of a Guangzhou Evergrande player right under the referee’s nose.
Of course Ronaldinho’s actions were not completely out of the blue. The Brazilian playmaker, who had received a kicked from Chinese players throughout the match in Morocco, was provoked into his assualt after a Guangzhou player kicked him as he was falling to the ground after being fouled.
Pissed at being kicked when he was vulnerable, Ronaldinho reacted with his doubled-footed kick out and the red card was quickly shown.
The dismissal tarnished Ronaldinho’s day after the #10 scored a fabulous free-kick earlier in the game.
For the record, Atletico Mineiro won the match 3-2 thanks to a late winner from Luan in injury time.
Footage of ROnaldinho’s red card offence plus his free-kick golazo are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Incredible: Atletico Mineiro’s Juan Cazares scores from his own half v Gremio (video)December 8, 2016
- Arsenal go up against Barcelona in the race for Brazilian left-back Douglas Santos [Hoje em Dia]June 22, 2016
- Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic could join Atletico Madrid [AS]June 3, 2016
- Comedy cartoon reconstruction of shoot-out between Atletico & Real Madrid (442oons Video)May 29, 2016
- Updates on Ronaldinho & Eidur Gudjohnsen joining Chapecoense (BBC Videos)December 8, 2016
- Ronaldinho’s brother give fresh quotes about the likelihood of joining ChapecoenseDecember 5, 2016
- Fake news spreads that Ronaldinho has joined Chapecoense. It’s not trueDecember 4, 2016
- Ronaldinho & Riquelme respond to Chapecoense rumoursDecember 1, 2016