Ronald de Boer: “Manchester United need to buy big players or risk losing Robin van Persie” [M.E.N]
- March 7, 2014
Manchester United have been told by Dutch football legend to buy big this summer, or risk losing the disgruntled star striker Robin van Persie.
Van Persie must have been speaking to de Boer while playing for the Netherlands recently and his comments are likely to infuriate the Old Trafford faithful.
RVP has been nearing the Old Trafford exit door recently after his Olympiakos rant and other comments.
Ronaldo de Boer said the following: “Van Persie wants to compete for trophies and everything this year looks out of sight,It’s very disappointing for a player of his quality. I don’t think he’s enjoying the football United are playing. He’s a team player but he likes to play beautiful football and that isn’t the case at the moment. But, if there’s no investment in new, young, great players from other clubs, then Robin will move.”
Van Persie has not been able to replicate his form last season which won Manchester United the league and several rumours have surfaced that he is not happy with David Moyes.
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Man United on alert as Sergio Ramos is determined to quit Real Madrid [Marca]
- Real Madrid offer defender Sergio Ramos a new contract worth €7.5million a season [Cade...
- Standoff between Man Untied and Real Madrid over Sergio Ramos-David De Gea transfer [Ma...
- Man United winger Nani set for medical at Fenerbahce on Sunday [Fenerbahce En]
- Man United’s £20m bid for Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin has been reject...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi