- A musical review of football in 2014 to the song “We Didn’t Start The Fire” [Video]
- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
- Bournemouth 1 – Liverpool 3: Reds set up Chelsea semifinal as Sterling shines [Official highlights]
Romelu Lukaku paid tribute to Tim Howard on Instagram after Belgium 2 – USA 1
Teammates at Everton last season, Tim Howard and Romelu Lukaku ended up as the main protagonists during Belgium’s World Cup second round win over USA on Tuesday.
Howard was simply magnificent, making 16 saves in the match – a new World Cup record since records have been collected in 1966.
And, Lukaku changed the game when he came on, setting up Kevin De Bruyne’s opener before lashing home the second and ultimately the winner.
Early on Wednesday morning, Lukaku wrote a heartfelt message to his former Everton team mate on Instagram, alongside a picture celebrating with Daniel van Buyten (see above).
Lukaku swapped shirts with Howard and was also snapped embracing the USA goalkeeper in one of the images of the World Cup so far. See those snaps below.
The Chelsea striker wrote the following on Instagram: “What a result! What a game!!! So happy for our country! It feels good to be in this position… Shoutout the us team! They’re real good competitors and will definetly be a stronger team in the upcoming years also @timhow1 you’re one the best teammates i ever had! You’re right up there! Today you showed why as always why u are one of the best in goalkeeping. Thanks for your shirt god bless you all! Goodnight! #RedDevils #Win #StriveForGreatness #tousensemble!!”
- Updated: July 2, 2014