- Tottenham v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Alexis Sanchez for player of the season so far?! [Graphic]
- Remember the name! Barcelona lad Marc Alegre scores a solo slalom stunner v PSG [Video]
- Alex Song confirms to L’Equipe that Cesc Fabregas wanted to return to Arsenal
- Santiago Canizares’ son Lucas conceded a shocker for Real Madrid kids after 20 seconds v Sevilla
Romelu Lukaku loses international hat-trick, Adnan Januzaj’s debut annulled as Belgium 5 – Luxembourg 1 voided
Belgium’s 5-1 win over Luxembourg last May 26 has been nulled and voided, due to manager Marc Wilmots’ using of too many substitutes.
FIFA’s rules allow for 6 substitutes, while Wilmots unwittingly exceded the quota, using 7.
In an extremely arbitrary and fussy decision, Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku loses the hat-trick he scored that night, cutting his international goals tally from 9 back down to 6.
Spurs Nacer Chadli and former Chelsea player Kevin De Bruyne, the other scorers on the night, also lose their goals.
Every detail from the fixture has been formally erased from the records, which means Manchester United’s Adnan Janujaz will have to make his debut all over again.
Did 1 sub in a 5-1 rout make the blindest bit of difference to this game?!
Some fan footage of the goals on the night can be seen on the clips below.
[gthumb id="429805" size="large" autoplay="1"]
[gthumb id="429811" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: June 4, 2014