- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Romelu Lukaku loses international hat-trick, Adnan Januzaj’s debut annulled as Belgium 5 – Luxembourg 1 voided
- Updated: June 4, 2014
Belgium’s 5-1 win over Luxembourg last May 26 has been nulled and voided, due to manager Marc Wilmots’ using of too many substitutes.
FIFA’s rules allow for 6 substitutes, while Wilmots unwittingly exceded the quota, using 7.
In an extremely arbitrary and fussy decision, Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku loses the hat-trick he scored that night, cutting his international goals tally from 9 back down to 6.
Spurs Nacer Chadli and former Chelsea player Kevin De Bruyne, the other scorers on the night, also lose their goals.
Every detail from the fixture has been formally erased from the records, which means Manchester United’s Adnan Janujaz will have to make his debut all over again.
Did 1 sub in a 5-1 rout make the blindest bit of difference to this game?!
Some fan footage of the goals on the night can be seen on the clips below.
[gthumb id="429805" size="large" autoplay="1"]
[gthumb id="429811" size="large" autoplay="1"]