Romelu Lukaku tells Belgian site Nieuwsblad that he ‘wants to prove Mourinho wrong by outscoring Chelsea forwards’
Chelsea’s 20-year-old Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku, currently on loan at Everton, has provided an interesting interview with Nieuwsblad in which the young attacker has revealed his competitive spirit.
Lukaku, currently away with his international team before Friday night’s World Cup qualifier with Croatia, told his local press that he hopes Everton finish the season higher than Chelsea. Lukaku was quoted saying:
I’ll prove [Jose Mourinho] wrong [for sending me out on loan]. I want to score more goals than the strikers at Chelsea.
I couldn’t do much about it [being sent to Everton on loan]. The coach made his choice, and, as a player, you have to respect it. I went along with it, and it is now up to me to prove he was wrong.
It has been two years in a row now, and it does make you question things and wonder why. But that’s life. You just have to get on with it. The only thing I can do is play well and score as many goals as I can, and then maybe people will notice what I am about.
I can only underline my case by scoring more goals than all the strikers currently at Chelsea, and that is what I will be striving to do this season.
I hope my goals will help Everton finish higher than Chelsea. I am at Everton for the season, and I want to do as well as I possibly can for them. I also hope Jose Mourinho and I are both at Chelsea for a long time, because I want the best for Chelsea and I know he is a good coach.
For the record, none of Chelsea’s striker have scored a Premier League goal this season while Lukaku, who scored 17 goals with West Brom last campaign, has already notched four goals with Everton in 2013-14.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Chelsea agree deal for Polish goalkeeper Marcin Bułka [Przeglad Sportowy]July 29, 2016
- Diego Costa & Nemanja Matic star in new Chelsea 3rd kit videoJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba asked why he always scores against Arsenal (video)July 29, 2016
- Man City signing Everton’s John Stones bigged up on the BBC (Audio)July 28, 2016
- Everton star Gerard Deulofeu bags brilliant assist for Ross Barkley v MK Dons (Video)July 26, 2016
- Kalidou Koulibaly’s agent confirms he will join Chelsea or Everton [CM]July 25, 2016
- Everton agree €30m fee with Zenit for Axel Witsel [Di Marzio]July 23, 2016
- Everton striker Romelu Lukaku keen on joining Arsenal [Mirror]July 23, 2016
- Paul Pogba calls for calm over transfer rumours. Post liked by 2 Man United playersJuly 21, 2016
- Man United bound Paul Pogba plays basketball v Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku [Instagram]July 21, 2016
- Chelsea make moves to re-sign Everton’s Romelu Lukaku [Di Marzio]July 21, 2016