Romelu Lukaku tells Belgian site Nieuwsblad that he ‘wants to prove Mourinho wrong by outscoring Chelsea forwards’
Chelsea’s 20-year-old Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku, currently on loan at Everton, has provided an interesting interview with Nieuwsblad in which the young attacker has revealed his competitive spirit.
Lukaku, currently away with his international team before Friday night’s World Cup qualifier with Croatia, told his local press that he hopes Everton finish the season higher than Chelsea. Lukaku was quoted saying:
I’ll prove [Jose Mourinho] wrong [for sending me out on loan]. I want to score more goals than the strikers at Chelsea.
I couldn’t do much about it [being sent to Everton on loan]. The coach made his choice, and, as a player, you have to respect it. I went along with it, and it is now up to me to prove he was wrong.
It has been two years in a row now, and it does make you question things and wonder why. But that’s life. You just have to get on with it. The only thing I can do is play well and score as many goals as I can, and then maybe people will notice what I am about.
I can only underline my case by scoring more goals than all the strikers currently at Chelsea, and that is what I will be striving to do this season.
I hope my goals will help Everton finish higher than Chelsea. I am at Everton for the season, and I want to do as well as I possibly can for them. I also hope Jose Mourinho and I are both at Chelsea for a long time, because I want the best for Chelsea and I know he is a good coach.
For the record, none of Chelsea’s striker have scored a Premier League goal this season while Lukaku, who scored 17 goals with West Brom last campaign, has already notched four goals with Everton in 2013-14.
Watch Live Stream
- Vicente del Bosque supports Jose Mourinho’s criticisms of Chelsea’s boss [Cadena SER]October 26, 2016
- Chelsea upload video of Nathaniel Chalobah’s double nutmeg v Man UnitedOctober 26, 2016
- Liverpool target Alexander Isak hires an agent with close ties to Chelsea’s Roman Abramovich [Expressen]October 26, 2016
- ‘We all know how Jose is’: Chelsea’s Pedro dismisses Mourinho’s touchline moaningOctober 25, 2016
- Bad news for Everton’s Oumar Niasse & Leighton BainesOctober 20, 2016
- Former Man City & Everton striker Jo talks about his battle with alcohol [Globo]October 19, 2016
- Oumar Niasse scores a hat-trick for Everton U23 v Reading (Official Video)October 18, 2016
- Everton’s Ronald Koeman says Man City are the best side he’s ever faced (Video)October 16, 2016
- Two of Everton’s best players are being scouted by Man United [Star]October 9, 2016
- Belgium’sRomelu Lukaku misses sitter v Bosnia, makes amends with cracking goal (Videos)October 7, 2016
- Belgian brothers quiz: Lukaku’s vs. Hazard’s (Video)October 6, 2016
- Mino Raiola lists four clubs who can afford to buy Everton striker Romelu Lukaku [Quotes]September 19, 2016