Romelu Lukaku tells Belgian site Nieuwsblad that he ‘wants to prove Mourinho wrong by outscoring Chelsea forwards’
- October 8, 2013
Chelsea’s 20-year-old Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku, currently on loan at Everton, has provided an interesting interview with Nieuwsblad in which the young attacker has revealed his competitive spirit.
Lukaku, currently away with his international team before Friday night’s World Cup qualifier with Croatia, told his local press that he hopes Everton finish the season higher than Chelsea. Lukaku was quoted saying:
I’ll prove [Jose Mourinho] wrong [for sending me out on loan]. I want to score more goals than the strikers at Chelsea.
I couldn’t do much about it [being sent to Everton on loan]. The coach made his choice, and, as a player, you have to respect it. I went along with it, and it is now up to me to prove he was wrong.
It has been two years in a row now, and it does make you question things and wonder why. But that’s life. You just have to get on with it. The only thing I can do is play well and score as many goals as I can, and then maybe people will notice what I am about.
I can only underline my case by scoring more goals than all the strikers currently at Chelsea, and that is what I will be striving to do this season.
I hope my goals will help Everton finish higher than Chelsea. I am at Everton for the season, and I want to do as well as I possibly can for them. I also hope Jose Mourinho and I are both at Chelsea for a long time, because I want the best for Chelsea and I know he is a good coach.
For the record, none of Chelsea’s striker have scored a Premier League goal this season while Lukaku, who scored 17 goals with West Brom last campaign, has already notched four goals with Everton in 2013-14.
- Chelsea target Youri Tielemans scored for the 2nd week running for Anderlecht (Video)
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Arsene Wenger has nostalgic banter with his former Arsenal player Ian Wright (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger smirks at Mourinho’s suggestion that Chelsea were the better ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi