Romelu Lukaku tells Belgian site Nieuwsblad that he ‘wants to prove Mourinho wrong by outscoring Chelsea forwards’
Chelsea’s 20-year-old Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku, currently on loan at Everton, has provided an interesting interview with Nieuwsblad in which the young attacker has revealed his competitive spirit.
Lukaku, currently away with his international team before Friday night’s World Cup qualifier with Croatia, told his local press that he hopes Everton finish the season higher than Chelsea. Lukaku was quoted saying:
I’ll prove [Jose Mourinho] wrong [for sending me out on loan]. I want to score more goals than the strikers at Chelsea.
I couldn’t do much about it [being sent to Everton on loan]. The coach made his choice, and, as a player, you have to respect it. I went along with it, and it is now up to me to prove he was wrong.
It has been two years in a row now, and it does make you question things and wonder why. But that’s life. You just have to get on with it. The only thing I can do is play well and score as many goals as I can, and then maybe people will notice what I am about.
I can only underline my case by scoring more goals than all the strikers currently at Chelsea, and that is what I will be striving to do this season.
I hope my goals will help Everton finish higher than Chelsea. I am at Everton for the season, and I want to do as well as I possibly can for them. I also hope Jose Mourinho and I are both at Chelsea for a long time, because I want the best for Chelsea and I know he is a good coach.
For the record, none of Chelsea’s striker have scored a Premier League goal this season while Lukaku, who scored 17 goals with West Brom last campaign, has already notched four goals with Everton in 2013-14.
Watch Live Stream
- Mata claims he’s still the same player Jose Mourinho sold at ChelseaDecember 4, 2016
- These stats prove Chelsea were right to swap Jose Mourinho for Antonio ConteDecember 4, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Should Chelsea’s Nathan Ake have won a penalty v Liverpool? (Official Video)December 4, 2016
- Forget Fellaini, Man United fans are raging about Paul Pogba, again [Tweets]December 4, 2016
- Zlatan ends Seamus Coleman and Twitter can’t copeDecember 4, 2016
- Watch Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s brilliant Man United goal v Everton (Official Videos)December 4, 2016
- No red card? Marcos Rojo’s horror foul v Everton’s Idrissa Gueye (Official Video)December 4, 2016
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku scores twice for Belgium (Video)November 13, 2016
- Romelu Lukaku says Belgium coach Thierry Henry can be ‘demanding’November 10, 2016
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku missed an open goal from 4 yards out v Holland (Video)November 9, 2016
- Chelsea & Man United will love Ronald Koeman’s latest quotes on Romelu LukakuNovember 9, 2016