Roma’s Kevin Strootman looked miserable as he slid in the back of a car after going to the doctor [Pictures]
- March 11, 2014
Roma and Holland’s Kevin Strootman has been in public for the first time on Tuesday since it was announced that the midfielder will miss the World Cup through injury.
Strootman tore ligaments in his left knee in the 7th minute of Roma’s defeat to Napoli on Sunday night in Serie A.
He returned to the field but was eventually substituted when it was clear he could no longer continue.
Initial reports said Strootman will need at least nine months to recovery from his injury, and that process began on Tueday with a visit to hospital.
Reporters were waiting outside the hospital to see how Strootman was doing, and the prognosis didn’t look positive as the Dutchman, walking with crutches, had a grimace on his face as the photographers took snaps, before he was forced to slide into the back of the estate car to get into the vehicle.
See pictures of Kevin Strootman on Tuesday below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]