- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Roma’s Kevin Strootman looked miserable as he slid in the back of a car after going to the doctor [Pictures]
Roma and Holland’s Kevin Strootman has been in public for the first time on Tuesday since it was announced that the midfielder will miss the World Cup through injury.
Strootman tore ligaments in his left knee in the 7th minute of Roma’s defeat to Napoli on Sunday night in Serie A.
He returned to the field but was eventually substituted when it was clear he could no longer continue.
Initial reports said Strootman will need at least nine months to recovery from his injury, and that process began on Tueday with a visit to hospital.
Reporters were waiting outside the hospital to see how Strootman was doing, and the prognosis didn’t look positive as the Dutchman, walking with crutches, had a grimace on his face as the photographers took snaps, before he was forced to slide into the back of the estate car to get into the vehicle.
See pictures of Kevin Strootman on Tuesday below.
- Updated: March 11, 2014