Roma unveil plans for new 60000 seat stadium inspired by the Colosseum [Pictures]
- March 26, 2014
Three-time Serie A champion Roma revealed plans on Wednesday to build a new privately financed stadium inspired by the Colosseum on the outskirts of the Italian capital. Italian media speculates the stadium would cost about 300 million euros and construction is planned to be completed by the 2016/17 season.
The facility will seat 52,500 spectators and be able to expand to 60,000 for major matches and has been dubbed “Stadio della Roma” for now – until naming rights are awarded.
It will be built exclusively for football games, with fans seated as close as possible to the pitch and a three-tiered seating design with a sharp incline.
Keeping fans in mind, there will be a 14,000-seat detached section behind one of the goals for the hard-core “ultra” supporters, replacing the Curva Sud from the Stadio Olimpico.
“It will be our new home and what I like about this home is the garden in the centre, on which we’ll need to continue adding pages to Roma’s history,” Roma coach Rudi Garcia said during the festive presentation at Rome’s city hall.
See pictures of Roma’s new stadium’s design plus a Totti and Taddei lead selfie below.:
- Valencia 1 – Roma 3: Mohamed Salah & Francesco Totti on target (Highlights)
- Antalyaspor willing to pay Roma legend Francesco Totti whopping €10m net salary [Di Mar...
- Neymar is the face of PES 16, which features Totti’s Selfie celebration [Video]
- Official: Roma’s home kit for 2015/2016 [Instagram picture]
- Still got it: Francesco Totti (38) scored a glorious lob for Roma v Palermo [Video]
- Francesco Totti scores long ranger for Roma v Verona [video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...