Roma trying to offload Erik Lamela to Spurs or Arsenal [Gazzetta dello Sport]
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reports on Wednesday morning that Roma representatives were in London on Tuesday attempting to offload either Erik Lamela or Miralem Pjanic.
The Serie A giants are struggling to afford the contracts of Francesco Totti, Lamela and Pjanic – as a result they are looking to offload one of their exciting youngsters.
Roma have offered Erik Lamela to both Tottenham and Arsenal in a bid to bring in major funds and slash a major contract from the wage bill.
Roma director of football Walter Sabatini also met with West Ham to discuss the sale of Marco Borriello on Tuesday and is also looking to bring in Chelsea forward Demba Ba.
Gazzetta suggest Arsenal have made enquiries for Lamela, whilst Liverpool have been cited in the English press as a possible destination for the Argentine.
Spurs meanwhile, seem more interested in Miralem Pjanic than Erik Lamela as the former is a much cheaper option, according to Gazzetta.
Should it come to a straight battle between Spurs and Arsenal for Lamela, Tottenham would hold a significant advantage thanks to their director of football, Franco Baldini, who previously worked at Roma.
Sky Italia also report today that Spurs are willing to pay 35 million euros for Lamela but Roma want to have a replacement lined up before they sell.
- Arsene Wenger holds talks with a friendly face at Corinthians about signing Alexandre Pato [Globo]
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- Spurs fans absolutely loving Erik Lamela’s latest Instagram post
- Erik Lamela backs Spurs teammate Harry Kane to become one of the world’s best
- Spurs fans mock Arsenal with Erik Lamela v Laurent Koscielny John Lewis Christmas parody (Video)
- Harry Kane & Erik Lamela post to Instagram after Spurs’ 1-1 draw at Arsenal
- Diego Costa’s time up at Chelsea? Blues consider moves for Robin van Persie & a Spurs ...
- Spurs brilliantly organise the ‘Ben Davies’ cup ft Dele Alli and other stars (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Sol Campbell attracts haters for calling out a shop worker on Twitter [Tweets]