Roma trying to offload Erik Lamela to Spurs or Arsenal [Gazzetta dello Sport]
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reports on Wednesday morning that Roma representatives were in London on Tuesday attempting to offload either Erik Lamela or Miralem Pjanic.
The Serie A giants are struggling to afford the contracts of Francesco Totti, Lamela and Pjanic – as a result they are looking to offload one of their exciting youngsters.
Roma have offered Erik Lamela to both Tottenham and Arsenal in a bid to bring in major funds and slash a major contract from the wage bill.
Roma director of football Walter Sabatini also met with West Ham to discuss the sale of Marco Borriello on Tuesday and is also looking to bring in Chelsea forward Demba Ba.
Gazzetta suggest Arsenal have made enquiries for Lamela, whilst Liverpool have been cited in the English press as a possible destination for the Argentine.
Spurs meanwhile, seem more interested in Miralem Pjanic than Erik Lamela as the former is a much cheaper option, according to Gazzetta.
Should it come to a straight battle between Spurs and Arsenal for Lamela, Tottenham would hold a significant advantage thanks to their director of football, Franco Baldini, who previously worked at Roma.
Sky Italia also report today that Spurs are willing to pay 35 million euros for Lamela but Roma want to have a replacement lined up before they sell.
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin celebrates a stellar year with YouTube compilation (video)
- What’s it like to be a blind Arsenal fan? (Video)
- Mistake? El Confidencial suggest Karim Benzema should have left Real Madrid to join Ars...
- Liverpool owners approach Jurgen Klopp & still expect to challenge for title this ...
- Awesome tribute: Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale named Welsh Player of the Year 2015 (v...
- Quality fan footage: Christian Eriksen’s 2nd free-kick goal for Spurs at Swansea ...
- Tottenham’s Cameron Carter-Vickers on target for America’s U23 (Official Vi...
- Tottenham loanee Grant Ward thumped a golazo in the top corner v Burnley (Official Video)