Roma trying to offload Erik Lamela to Spurs or Arsenal [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- August 21, 2013
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reports on Wednesday morning that Roma representatives were in London on Tuesday attempting to offload either Erik Lamela or Miralem Pjanic.
The Serie A giants are struggling to afford the contracts of Francesco Totti, Lamela and Pjanic – as a result they are looking to offload one of their exciting youngsters.
Roma have offered Erik Lamela to both Tottenham and Arsenal in a bid to bring in major funds and slash a major contract from the wage bill.
Roma director of football Walter Sabatini also met with West Ham to discuss the sale of Marco Borriello on Tuesday and is also looking to bring in Chelsea forward Demba Ba.
Gazzetta suggest Arsenal have made enquiries for Lamela, whilst Liverpool have been cited in the English press as a possible destination for the Argentine.
Spurs meanwhile, seem more interested in Miralem Pjanic than Erik Lamela as the former is a much cheaper option, according to Gazzetta.
Should it come to a straight battle between Spurs and Arsenal for Lamela, Tottenham would hold a significant advantage thanks to their director of football, Franco Baldini, who previously worked at Roma.
Sky Italia also report today that Spurs are willing to pay 35 million euros for Lamela but Roma want to have a replacement lined up before they sell.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]