Roma trying to offload Erik Lamela to Spurs or Arsenal [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- August 21, 2013
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport reports on Wednesday morning that Roma representatives were in London on Tuesday attempting to offload either Erik Lamela or Miralem Pjanic.
The Serie A giants are struggling to afford the contracts of Francesco Totti, Lamela and Pjanic – as a result they are looking to offload one of their exciting youngsters.
Roma have offered Erik Lamela to both Tottenham and Arsenal in a bid to bring in major funds and slash a major contract from the wage bill.
Roma director of football Walter Sabatini also met with West Ham to discuss the sale of Marco Borriello on Tuesday and is also looking to bring in Chelsea forward Demba Ba.
Gazzetta suggest Arsenal have made enquiries for Lamela, whilst Liverpool have been cited in the English press as a possible destination for the Argentine.
Spurs meanwhile, seem more interested in Miralem Pjanic than Erik Lamela as the former is a much cheaper option, according to Gazzetta.
Should it come to a straight battle between Spurs and Arsenal for Lamela, Tottenham would hold a significant advantage thanks to their director of football, Franco Baldini, who previously worked at Roma.
Sky Italia also report today that Spurs are willing to pay 35 million euros for Lamela but Roma want to have a replacement lined up before they sell.
- Paul Merson rants about Arsenal’s lack of spending after Welbeck injury
- Gareth Bale & Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey celebrate Wales win over Cyprus on Inst...
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker picks lots of friends in Ultimate XI, including the lat...
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...