Roma take the lead over Liverpool in the race for a Bayern Munich star [Il Romanista]
Roma’s summer recruitment plans could be about to make another big signing, if local paper Il Romanista have accurate sources.
On Wednesday in the European peninsula, stories began emerging linking Roma with Bayern Munich and Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri.
Shaqiri, who impressed at the World Cup this summer, has previously been a reported target for Liverpool, however it was thought that Bayern would make sure to hold onto the attacking midfielder for next season after news broke that Franck Ribery has a serious back injury.
Liverpool have since appeared to have move on in their search for new midfielders, with Lazar Markovic poised to sign on at Anfield on Thursday.
Coming back to Roma, who this week added Ashley Cole and Salih Ucan, the Giallorossi are now being tipped to make a €20m bid for Shaqiri.
See the front page of Il Romanista on Thursday below.
Watch Live Stream
- Manuel Neuer scores a belter in Bayern Munich training, Thomas Muller commentates (video)December 8, 2016
- Bayern Munich president: We’re £170million behind top Premier League clubsDecember 7, 2016
- Xabi Alonso shows off his impressive watch collection in new film (Video)December 7, 2016
- Bayern Munich troll Arsenal ahead of Monday’s Champions League drawDecember 7, 2016
- Nominees for inaugural FIFA Fan Award announced: Liverpool and Iceland supporters includedDecember 9, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool players have reunion after Fenerbahce win at Feyenoord [Instagram]December 9, 2016
- Joel Matip gives Liverpool a terrific Christmas presentDecember 9, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Lazio v Roma: Watch a live stream of the Rome derby in Serie ADecember 3, 2016
- Roma’s Diego Perotti admits his rabona wondergoal was meant to be a cross (Video)November 25, 2016
- Diego Perotti scores incredible rabona chip in Roma’s 4-1 win over Viktoria Plzen (Video)November 25, 2016
- Man United target Roma’s Antonio Rudiger but are considering selling 4 defenders [Mail]October 28, 2016