- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Roma & Holland’s Kevin Strootman tweets a picture from his hospital bed after his two hour ACL surgery
- Updated: March 19, 2014
Kevin Strootman went under the knife on Tuesday and the early results are that the midfielder’s operation was a success.
Just over a week ago it was announced that Strootman’s season and World Cup hopes were over as the Dutch international tore ligaments in his left knee in the 7th minute of Roma’s defeat to Napoli in Serie A.
Strootman, 24, is now said to have a nine month battle to recover from his injury, and his absence is a big loss for both his club and country.
The midfielder had his operation on Tuesday, and Roma have since released the following press statement:
This morning Kevin Strootman underwent surgery on his left knee at the AMC hospital in Amsterdam.
The surgery, performed by Prof. Van Dijk, Prof. Kerkhoff and Dr. Heijboer, and in the presence of Roma’s head of medical staff Dr. Colautti, lasted approximately 2 hours and was a complete success.
During the operation a reconstruction of Strootman’s anterior cruciate ligament was carried out, and injuries to the medial and lateral meniscus were treated.
The player will begin his rehabilitation therapy within the next few days in Amsterdam.
Kevin Strootman has also updated his Twitter followers with the following message.