- Newcastle’s Soccer Am Crossbar Challenge, coach Andy Woodman trolls everyone with banter [Video]
- Daniel Sturridge quizzed by Liverpool fans in India, says he grew up supporting Arsenal [Video]
- Arsene Wenger: Koscielny out of Liverpool-Arsenal, Ramsey set to miss Xmas period
- Mega Odds! Back West Ham to beat Leicester in the Premier League at 5/1!!!!
- Special Offer! Back Man City to beat Crystal Palace in the Premier League at 3/1!!!!
Roma chasing Tottenham’s Etienne Capoue thinking he’s up for grabs after AVB’s exit [Corriere Dello Sport]
Italian outlet Corriere Dello Sport have linked Roma with a swoop for Tottenham midfielder Etienne Capoue.
New Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood has indicated that Etienne Capoue and Lewis Holtby are not in his first-team plans by allowing the duo to turn out for the club’s Under-21 side in the middle of the busy Christmas and New Year period.
Although Tottenham have selection problems in midfielder with Sandro and Paulinho both out, Sherwood noticeably chose to call on 19-year-old rookie Nabil Bentaleb during Spurs’ 3-2 win at Southampton when Mousa Dembele picked up a knock.
Both Capoue and Holtby were left on the Tottenham bench at St Mary’s, and both players had 45 minute appearances for Tottenham’s youth team in a 2-2 draw with Brighton on Monday.
Capoue, 25, was bought into White Hart Lane from Toulouse in the summer for £8.6m. After starting the season brightly, the midfielder ‘s season took a downturn when he picked up a knee injury which has kept him out of action for two months.
Now, according to Corriere Dello Sport, Roma are looking to sign the player in January as Rudi Garcia aims to bolster the Giallorossi for the second half of the season. CdS claim that Capoue’s future at Spurs is “uncertain after the departure of Villas-Boas”.
- Updated: December 26, 2013