Robin van Persie’s unexpected appearance on Wednesday’s Countdown conundrum [Picture]
Channel 4’s daytime quiz show Countdown has a massive cult following in England, and viewers were taken aback by the Countdown conundrum on Wednesday’s episode.
The Countdown conundrum, for those unaware, is the final round of the show in which the contestants are presented with nine jumbled up letters which, when rearranged, spell out a nine letter word.
When it came time for the final puzzle, Manchester United and football fans at large were knocked off their stride as the word “VANPERSIO” was displayed.
With their minds presumably thinking about the Man United centre forward, neither of the contestants managed to get the right answer.
For the record, this isn’t the first time a Manchester United star has appeared on the show, as back in June the show’s Rachel Riley was surprised by Ryan Giggs on her 1000th appearance.
A screengrab of Wednesday’s Robin van Persie inspired Countdown conundrum is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea fans turn on Jose Mourinho following his love-in at Man United [Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- Jose Mourinho joins Instagram & posts a photo of his Man United contractMay 27th, 2016
- Adidas celebrate Jose Mourinho Man United appointment with Camp Nou celebration videoMay 27th, 2016
- Jose Mourinho confirmed as Man United manager [Best Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- Comedian destroys Arsenal old boy Robin van Persie with Dennis Bergkamp comparison (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Turkey number one Volkan Babacan wondersave denies Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie (Video)May 10th, 2016
- Fenerbahce fan footage of glorious goal by ex Man United star Robin van Persie in 3-0 win (Video)May 1st, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd stars Nani and van Persie combine for Fenerbahce goal (Video)April 21st, 2016