Robin van Persie’s unexpected appearance on Wednesday’s Countdown conundrum [Picture]
- October 31, 2013
Channel 4’s daytime quiz show Countdown has a massive cult following in England, and viewers were taken aback by the Countdown conundrum on Wednesday’s episode.
The Countdown conundrum, for those unaware, is the final round of the show in which the contestants are presented with nine jumbled up letters which, when rearranged, spell out a nine letter word.
When it came time for the final puzzle, Manchester United and football fans at large were knocked off their stride as the word “VANPERSIO” was displayed.
With their minds presumably thinking about the Man United centre forward, neither of the contestants managed to get the right answer.
For the record, this isn’t the first time a Manchester United star has appeared on the show, as back in June the show’s Rachel Riley was surprised by Ryan Giggs on her 1000th appearance.
A screengrab of Wednesday’s Robin van Persie inspired Countdown conundrum is below.
- Legendary Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson speaks about the virtues of discipline (Video)
- Real Madrid president Florentino Perez slams Man United over De Gea [Transcript & ...
- Man United playmaker Juan Mata scores quality goal in Spain training (video)
- Manchester United fan & World’s Fastest Man Usain Bolt takes the Dizzy Goals...
- Karel Poborsky scores lovely chip in Manchester United Legends win over Liverpool (Video)
- Banished and Numberless Victor Valdes thanks Manchester United fans for support on Twitter
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...