Robin van Persie’s unexpected appearance on Wednesday’s Countdown conundrum [Picture]
- October 31, 2013
Channel 4’s daytime quiz show Countdown has a massive cult following in England, and viewers were taken aback by the Countdown conundrum on Wednesday’s episode.
The Countdown conundrum, for those unaware, is the final round of the show in which the contestants are presented with nine jumbled up letters which, when rearranged, spell out a nine letter word.
When it came time for the final puzzle, Manchester United and football fans at large were knocked off their stride as the word “VANPERSIO” was displayed.
With their minds presumably thinking about the Man United centre forward, neither of the contestants managed to get the right answer.
For the record, this isn’t the first time a Manchester United star has appeared on the show, as back in June the show’s Rachel Riley was surprised by Ryan Giggs on her 1000th appearance.
A screengrab of Wednesday’s Robin van Persie inspired Countdown conundrum is below.
- Memphis Depay scored a scissors-kick against David De Gea at Man United training (Offic...
- Jose Mourinho says ex Man United striker Radamel Falcao will be feared at Chelsea
- Stockport County’s Karl Ledsham scores classy 40-yard lob v Manchester United U21...
- Man United’s American fans attempt to speak Mancunian slang with some hilarious results...
- Barcelona are yet to receive a formal offer for Pedro from Manchester United (Sport)
- PSG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic discusses Man United links & bad relationship with ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi