Robin van Persie’s 7-year-old son Shaqueel is wanted by both Manchester United and Man City [M.E.N]
The Manchester Evening News are reporting that Shaqueel van Persie is at the centre of a tug of war between Manchester United and Man City.
The story in the M.E.N comes after Robin van Persie discussed the future of the son in an interview with BT Sports.
When speaking about his seven year old son, RVP noted:
He shares my passion of being involved with loads of sport. His timing is incredible. He’s very competitive.
He plays for his local team with his friends and he got scouted.
Now he’s playing for both Manchester United and for City up until an age where maybe in a year of so he has to make his mind up and make a decision about where he wants to play.
What I’m mostly happy about is that he’s doing really well at school as well, so it is a perfect combination. Better than me.
Shaqueel van Persie is now just the latest offspring of a Manchester United player who is on the verge of setting up their career with United’s noisy neighbours.
Man United heroes Andy Cole, Darren Fletcher and Phil Neville are all well known to have sent their children to Man City’s academy, rather than United’s.
An old clip of Robin van Persie conceding a goal to his son Shaqueel can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Torino’s Joe Hart pens emotional letter to Manchester City fans on FacebookAugust 31, 2016
- Ex-Bayern defender Dante: Guardiola is a great coach but less brilliant as a human being [Quotes]August 31, 2016
- AS Monaco reject €40 million Manchester City offer for 17-year-old Kylian Mbappe [L’Equipe]August 31, 2016
- Watch Joe Hart’s first Torino interview after joining from Man City (Video)August 31, 2016
- Man United told Spurs that Schneiderlin wasn’t for sale after enquiry last week [Times]August 31, 2016
- The 10 most Tweeted about transfers in the summer window ft. Man United & ArsenalAugust 31, 2016
- Isco deal off as Spurs make move for Man United’s Morgan SchneiderlinAugust 31, 2016
- Eric Bailly’s awesome celebration for Man United winner at Hull (official video)August 31, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016