Robin van Persie’s 7-year-old son Shaqueel is wanted by both Manchester United and Man City [M.E.N]
- May 9, 2014
The Manchester Evening News are reporting that Shaqueel van Persie is at the centre of a tug of war between Manchester United and Man City.
The story in the M.E.N comes after Robin van Persie discussed the future of the son in an interview with BT Sports.
When speaking about his seven year old son, RVP noted:
He shares my passion of being involved with loads of sport. His timing is incredible. He’s very competitive.
He plays for his local team with his friends and he got scouted.
Now he’s playing for both Manchester United and for City up until an age where maybe in a year of so he has to make his mind up and make a decision about where he wants to play.
What I’m mostly happy about is that he’s doing really well at school as well, so it is a perfect combination. Better than me.
Shaqueel van Persie is now just the latest offspring of a Manchester United player who is on the verge of setting up their career with United’s noisy neighbours.
Man United heroes Andy Cole, Darren Fletcher and Phil Neville are all well known to have sent their children to Man City’s academy, rather than United’s.
An old clip of Robin van Persie conceding a goal to his son Shaqueel can be seen below.
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Classy: Stevan Jovetic pens farewell message to Man City on Instagram
- Watch highlights of Raheem Sterling’s excellent performance for Man City v Vietna...
- Raheem Sterling bags a brilliant brace in 8-1 Man City win v Vietnam XI (Highlights)
- Raheem Sterling scored a first-time out of the box curler for Man City v Vietnam XI (Vi...
- Vietnamese fan burns 10 tickets to Man City game due to players attitudes (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi