Robin van Persie’s 7-year-old son Shaqueel is wanted by both Manchester United and Man City [M.E.N]
- May 9, 2014
The Manchester Evening News are reporting that Shaqueel van Persie is at the centre of a tug of war between Manchester United and Man City.
The story in the M.E.N comes after Robin van Persie discussed the future of the son in an interview with BT Sports.
When speaking about his seven year old son, RVP noted:
He shares my passion of being involved with loads of sport. His timing is incredible. He’s very competitive.
He plays for his local team with his friends and he got scouted.
Now he’s playing for both Manchester United and for City up until an age where maybe in a year of so he has to make his mind up and make a decision about where he wants to play.
What I’m mostly happy about is that he’s doing really well at school as well, so it is a perfect combination. Better than me.
Shaqueel van Persie is now just the latest offspring of a Manchester United player who is on the verge of setting up their career with United’s noisy neighbours.
Man United heroes Andy Cole, Darren Fletcher and Phil Neville are all well known to have sent their children to Man City’s academy, rather than United’s.
An old clip of Robin van Persie conceding a goal to his son Shaqueel can be seen below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...