Robin van Persie keen on Juventus move & appears to criticise David Moyes after Man United win at West Brom
There is likely to be mammoth amounts of speculation surrounding Robin van Persie in the coming weeks and months and two stories today lead the way in coverage of the Manchester United striker.
David Moyes pulled off RVP in the 63rd minute of Manchester United’s 3-0 win at West Brom on Saturday and admitted he was worried the Dutchman was close to a second yellow card.
Simon Mullock in the Sunday Mirror claims “Robin van Persie is ready to quit Manchester United. The Dutchman is a target for Italian giants Juventus and is open to a move to Italy after becoming disillusioned with life at Old Trafford.”
The Sunday Mirror add: “If RVP leaves he will miss out on a £10million loyalty bonus he is due to receive if he spends the final two years of his contract with the champions. But his head has been turned by renewed interest from Turin during a season of turmoil at United.”
Juventus were reportedly interested in van Persie when he was keen to leave Arsenal – whether they need another striker with the likes of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente in their ranks, seems somewhat unlikely though.
Intriguing comments from Robin van Persie have also emerged from after United’s victory at the Hawthorns, as told to Goal.com.
RVP talked extensively about how he now studies his managers and coaches closer than ever.
The Dutchman said: “Certain managers can hit the right nerve with a player. They have that quality,” he told reporters after United’s 3-0 win at West Brom on Saturday. As I have got older and more experienced, I have become more sensitive to what my coaches are doing.
RVP continued: “I want to know why we are we doing this or why are we training like that. I did not ask those kinds of questions when I was younger, but now I find it interesting to study why my coaches are making certain decisions. I want to know why they do things and why they say things to the players, and why they want to play a certain way. I think much more about all those things at this stage of my career. I watch the managerial process all the time.”
Watch Live Stream
- Nemanja Vidic talks about the time David Moyes made him watch videos of Phil Jagielka defendingSeptember 17, 2016
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj deal & talks Everton target Lamine KoneAugust 12, 2016
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Anthony Martial slipped through the mixed zone incognito post Man United 1 – Zorya 0 (Video)September 30, 2016
- Paul Scholes has a theory to explain why Manchester United are struggling in the Europa League (Video)September 30, 2016
- Jose Mourinho moves to give Sir Alex Ferguson more power at Manchester United [Glasgow Live]September 30, 2016
- The Manchester giants are going to ‘go to war’ to sign Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos [MD]September 30, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin brilliantly trolls Robin van Persie on Facebook LiveSeptember 14, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016