Robin van Persie keen on Juventus move & appears to criticise David Moyes after Man United win at West Brom
There is likely to be mammoth amounts of speculation surrounding Robin van Persie in the coming weeks and months and two stories today lead the way in coverage of the Manchester United striker.
David Moyes pulled off RVP in the 63rd minute of Manchester United’s 3-0 win at West Brom on Saturday and admitted he was worried the Dutchman was close to a second yellow card.
Simon Mullock in the Sunday Mirror claims “Robin van Persie is ready to quit Manchester United. The Dutchman is a target for Italian giants Juventus and is open to a move to Italy after becoming disillusioned with life at Old Trafford.”
The Sunday Mirror add: “If RVP leaves he will miss out on a £10million loyalty bonus he is due to receive if he spends the final two years of his contract with the champions. But his head has been turned by renewed interest from Turin during a season of turmoil at United.”
Juventus were reportedly interested in van Persie when he was keen to leave Arsenal – whether they need another striker with the likes of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente in their ranks, seems somewhat unlikely though.
Intriguing comments from Robin van Persie have also emerged from after United’s victory at the Hawthorns, as told to Goal.com.
RVP talked extensively about how he now studies his managers and coaches closer than ever.
The Dutchman said: “Certain managers can hit the right nerve with a player. They have that quality,” he told reporters after United’s 3-0 win at West Brom on Saturday. As I have got older and more experienced, I have become more sensitive to what my coaches are doing.
RVP continued: “I want to know why we are we doing this or why are we training like that. I did not ask those kinds of questions when I was younger, but now I find it interesting to study why my coaches are making certain decisions. I want to know why they do things and why they say things to the players, and why they want to play a certain way. I think much more about all those things at this stage of my career. I watch the managerial process all the time.”
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho’s record after 14 Manchester United games is worse than David Moyes’October 24, 2016
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs: Marouane Fellaini was a ‘panic buy’October 22, 2016
- Nemanja Vidic talks about the time David Moyes made him watch videos of Phil Jagielka defendingSeptember 17, 2016
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Man United fans line up to laugh at Man City after the EFL Cup win (Full Time Devils Videos)October 27, 2016
- Man City fans vandalised facilities at Old Trafford after the Man United defeat [Pictures]October 27, 2016
- The moment Michael Carrick outpaced Sergio Aguero (Video)October 27, 2016
- No Cojones: Zlatan Ibrahimovic ‘Alphas’ Manchester City’s Otamendi with lewd gestureOctober 27, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016
- Robin van Persie admits he could still be at Manchester United if Fergie was still there (Video)October 20, 2016
- Two kids send Robin van Persie a super sweet message before the Man United game (Video)October 20, 2016