Robin van Persie keen on Juventus move & appears to criticise David Moyes after Man United win at West Brom
There is likely to be mammoth amounts of speculation surrounding Robin van Persie in the coming weeks and months and two stories today lead the way in coverage of the Manchester United striker.
David Moyes pulled off RVP in the 63rd minute of Manchester United’s 3-0 win at West Brom on Saturday and admitted he was worried the Dutchman was close to a second yellow card.
Simon Mullock in the Sunday Mirror claims “Robin van Persie is ready to quit Manchester United. The Dutchman is a target for Italian giants Juventus and is open to a move to Italy after becoming disillusioned with life at Old Trafford.”
The Sunday Mirror add: “If RVP leaves he will miss out on a £10million loyalty bonus he is due to receive if he spends the final two years of his contract with the champions. But his head has been turned by renewed interest from Turin during a season of turmoil at United.”
Juventus were reportedly interested in van Persie when he was keen to leave Arsenal – whether they need another striker with the likes of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente in their ranks, seems somewhat unlikely though.
Intriguing comments from Robin van Persie have also emerged from after United’s victory at the Hawthorns, as told to Goal.com.
RVP talked extensively about how he now studies his managers and coaches closer than ever.
The Dutchman said: “Certain managers can hit the right nerve with a player. They have that quality,” he told reporters after United’s 3-0 win at West Brom on Saturday. As I have got older and more experienced, I have become more sensitive to what my coaches are doing.
RVP continued: “I want to know why we are we doing this or why are we training like that. I did not ask those kinds of questions when I was younger, but now I find it interesting to study why my coaches are making certain decisions. I want to know why they do things and why they say things to the players, and why they want to play a certain way. I think much more about all those things at this stage of my career. I watch the managerial process all the time.”
Watch Live Stream
- Mourinho took less than a minute of being Manchester United boss to troll Van Gaal (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Everton fans don’t want David Moyes to come back, start extremely unsentimental hashtag [Tw...May 24th, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd boss David Moyes speaks about being favourite for the Celtic job (Video)April 20th, 2016
- Newcastle tipped to sack Steve McClaren for ex-Man United boss David Moyes [Telegraph]March 5th, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand reveals Paul Pogba, Adnan Januzaj & Jesse Lingard used to lo...May 27th, 2016
- Wayne Rooney lashes home 52nd England goal against Australia (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Marcus Rashford becomes youngest ever player to score on England debut (Videos)May 27th, 2016
- Twitter goes nuts as Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford scores 135 seconds into his England debutMay 27th, 2016
- Comedian destroys Arsenal old boy Robin van Persie with Dennis Bergkamp comparison (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Turkey number one Volkan Babacan wondersave denies Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie (Video)May 10th, 2016
- Fenerbahce fan footage of glorious goal by ex Man United star Robin van Persie in 3-0 win (Video)May 1st, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd stars Nani and van Persie combine for Fenerbahce goal (Video)April 21st, 2016