Robin van Persie is sick: Set to miss France-Holland & a doubt for Man United trip to West Brom
- March 4, 2014
The big news coming out of the Dutch camp this evening is that Robin van Persie is sick.
RVP was “sick in bed” on Tuesday and was unable to train, meaning the Manchester United striker is a major doubt to be available for the France-Holland friendly tomorrow evening.
Holland coach Louis van Gaal has been forced to send home Michael Vorm and Rafael van der Vaart due to illness, but has denied their is a problem in the Dutch camp.
LVG: “They all have different symptoms. The doctor has assured me that the problems with the sick players do not affect each other. One has problems with his stomach and the other does not.”
Van Gaal also admitted he was set to start Robin van Persie against France but this now looks hugely unlikely.
There are also suggestions in the Dutch press that van Persie could be an early doubt for Manchester United’s visit to West Brom in the early kick off on Saturday.
This will of course come as a blow to Manchester United boss David Moyes and their faltering hopes of a top four finish.
On Monday, RVP and Vorm starred in a viral video, showcasing the Man United striker nutmegging his international team mate in some style!
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...