Robin van Persie gets annoyed when told Man United are 3rd favourites to win PL title
- August 12, 2013
The bookies always get it correct, right?
Well, not according to Robin van Persie, who reacted with mild amusement when told by ITV’s Gabriel Clarke after the Community Shield, that Manchester United are third favourites to win the Premier League in 2013/2014.
Having failed to spend big so far this summer and with David Moyes having replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, most bookmakers have Chelsea and Manchester City are more likely to win the title.
So, ITV’s Gabriel Clarke questioned RVP after his two-goal haul against Wigan and the Dutch striker responded in typically forthright fashion.
Van Persie: “We got Zaha, who is doing really well… I believe in this team… I don’t want to be funny, we are the champions. So based on what are we third favourites?! Can you explain that? I don’t really care. I believe in this team. We will compete until the end again.”
- Belgian fans overwhelmingly believe Kevin de Bruyne should have joined Man United, not ...
- Jonny Evans reveals his move from Man United to West Brom took a month to finalise (Video)
- Wayne Rooney helps Louis van Gaal pick Man United’s team & coaching staff [Sun]
- Super Sunday!!! 6/1 Man United to beat Swansea
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Javier Hernandez told he can leave Man United [Best Tweets]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...