Robin van Persie gets annoyed when told Man United are 3rd favourites to win PL title
The bookies always get it correct, right?
Well, not according to Robin van Persie, who reacted with mild amusement when told by ITV’s Gabriel Clarke after the Community Shield, that Manchester United are third favourites to win the Premier League in 2013/2014.
Having failed to spend big so far this summer and with David Moyes having replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, most bookmakers have Chelsea and Manchester City are more likely to win the title.
So, ITV’s Gabriel Clarke questioned RVP after his two-goal haul against Wigan and the Dutch striker responded in typically forthright fashion.
Van Persie: “We got Zaha, who is doing really well… I believe in this team… I don’t want to be funny, we are the champions. So based on what are we third favourites?! Can you explain that? I don’t really care. I believe in this team. We will compete until the end again.”
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester United vs Zorya Luhansk [Team Sheets]September 29, 2016
- Ex Man United striker Federico Macheda could seal Premier League returnSeptember 29, 2016
- 16-year-old Brazilian on trial at Manchester UnitedSeptember 29, 2016
- Man United fan edits Wikipedia entry for Golden Boy Award 2016September 29, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin brilliantly trolls Robin van Persie on Facebook LiveSeptember 14, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016