Robin van Persie gets annoyed when told Man United are 3rd favourites to win PL title
The bookies always get it correct, right?
Well, not according to Robin van Persie, who reacted with mild amusement when told by ITV’s Gabriel Clarke after the Community Shield, that Manchester United are third favourites to win the Premier League in 2013/2014.
Having failed to spend big so far this summer and with David Moyes having replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, most bookmakers have Chelsea and Manchester City are more likely to win the title.
So, ITV’s Gabriel Clarke questioned RVP after his two-goal haul against Wigan and the Dutch striker responded in typically forthright fashion.
Van Persie: “We got Zaha, who is doing really well… I believe in this team… I don’t want to be funny, we are the champions. So based on what are we third favourites?! Can you explain that? I don’t really care. I believe in this team. We will compete until the end again.”
- Anderson gets nostalgic for Manchester United days with several Instagram posts
- Pierluigi Collina offers his expert opinion on tackle that broke Luke Shaw’s leg
- Man United’s Anthony Martial bagged an assist in France win v Armenia (video)
- Man United flyer Antonio Valencia pulled off a quality rapid assist v Argentina (offici...
- Ex Arsenal & Man United striker Robin van Persie does not look very happy in Turke...
- Man United old-boy Robin van Persie filmed in the laziest warm up ever for Fenerbahce (...
- Arjen Robben is considering legal action against Fenerbache because of this advert (Video)
- After being dumped by Man United, Robin van Persie speaks out about being benched by Fe...