Robin van Persie gets annoyed when told Man United are 3rd favourites to win PL title
The bookies always get it correct, right?
Well, not according to Robin van Persie, who reacted with mild amusement when told by ITV’s Gabriel Clarke after the Community Shield, that Manchester United are third favourites to win the Premier League in 2013/2014.
Having failed to spend big so far this summer and with David Moyes having replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, most bookmakers have Chelsea and Manchester City are more likely to win the title.
So, ITV’s Gabriel Clarke questioned RVP after his two-goal haul against Wigan and the Dutch striker responded in typically forthright fashion.
Van Persie: “We got Zaha, who is doing really well… I believe in this team… I don’t want to be funny, we are the champions. So based on what are we third favourites?! Can you explain that? I don’t really care. I believe in this team. We will compete until the end again.”
Watch Live Stream
- Man City’s Sergio Aguero charged with violent conduct by FA; Likely to miss Man United gameAugust 30, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger opens up about relationship with Jose Mourinho & Man United future (Video)August 30, 2016
- Man United release #ZlatanTime – the story so far… (Video)August 30, 2016
- Man United’s Matteo Darmian linked to Inter Milan [Gazzetta dello Sport]August 30, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016