Robin van Persie gets annoyed when told Man United are 3rd favourites to win PL title
The bookies always get it correct, right?
Well, not according to Robin van Persie, who reacted with mild amusement when told by ITV’s Gabriel Clarke after the Community Shield, that Manchester United are third favourites to win the Premier League in 2013/2014.
Having failed to spend big so far this summer and with David Moyes having replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, most bookmakers have Chelsea and Manchester City are more likely to win the title.
So, ITV’s Gabriel Clarke questioned RVP after his two-goal haul against Wigan and the Dutch striker responded in typically forthright fashion.
Van Persie: “We got Zaha, who is doing really well… I believe in this team… I don’t want to be funny, we are the champions. So based on what are we third favourites?! Can you explain that? I don’t really care. I believe in this team. We will compete until the end again.”
Watch Live Stream
- Eric Bailly gives injury update, Timothy Fosu-Mensah wishes him a speedy recoveryOctober 25, 2016
- Jose Mourinho has told Wayne Rooney’s agent he’ll have to leave for regular football (Video)October 25, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho discusses his house-hunting dilemma (Video)October 25, 2016
- ‘We all know how Jose is’: Chelsea’s Pedro dismisses Mourinho’s touchline moaningOctober 25, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016
- Robin van Persie admits he could still be at Manchester United if Fergie was still there (Video)October 20, 2016
- Two kids send Robin van Persie a super sweet message before the Man United game (Video)October 20, 2016