Robin van Persie gets annoyed when told Man United are 3rd favourites to win PL title
- August 12, 2013
The bookies always get it correct, right?
Well, not according to Robin van Persie, who reacted with mild amusement when told by ITV’s Gabriel Clarke after the Community Shield, that Manchester United are third favourites to win the Premier League in 2013/2014.
Having failed to spend big so far this summer and with David Moyes having replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, most bookmakers have Chelsea and Manchester City are more likely to win the title.
So, ITV’s Gabriel Clarke questioned RVP after his two-goal haul against Wigan and the Dutch striker responded in typically forthright fashion.
Van Persie: “We got Zaha, who is doing really well… I believe in this team… I don’t want to be funny, we are the champions. So based on what are we third favourites?! Can you explain that? I don’t really care. I believe in this team. We will compete until the end again.”
- Man United’s Angel Di Maria lasted only 29 minutes of the Copa America final, ham...
- Cristiano Ronaldo gave very short answer when asked about Sergio Ramos move to Man Unit...
- Who is Matteo Darmian? Man United fans react to links to the Torino defender [Tweets]
- Man United are chasing Torino full-back Matteo Darmian, who has a €20m price tag [Di Ma...
- Man Utd target Sergio Ramos tells Spanish media he isn’t negotiating with anyone ...
- Fenerbahce confirm Nani medical tomorrow ahead of transfer from Manchester United
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi