Robin van Persie gets annoyed when told Man United are 3rd favourites to win PL title
The bookies always get it correct, right?
Well, not according to Robin van Persie, who reacted with mild amusement when told by ITV’s Gabriel Clarke after the Community Shield, that Manchester United are third favourites to win the Premier League in 2013/2014.
Having failed to spend big so far this summer and with David Moyes having replaced Sir Alex Ferguson, most bookmakers have Chelsea and Manchester City are more likely to win the title.
So, ITV’s Gabriel Clarke questioned RVP after his two-goal haul against Wigan and the Dutch striker responded in typically forthright fashion.
Van Persie: “We got Zaha, who is doing really well… I believe in this team… I don’t want to be funny, we are the champions. So based on what are we third favourites?! Can you explain that? I don’t really care. I believe in this team. We will compete until the end again.”
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea captain John Terry wishes Jose Mourinho well at Manchester United (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Jose Mourinho turns up to Carrington for his first day as Manchester United boss (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Dutch boss Danny Blind reprimands Man Utd’s Memphis Depay for petty & poor attitude at...May 30th, 2016
- The ideal one to eleven under Jose Mourinho from a Man United fan perspectiveMay 30th, 2016
- Comedian destroys Arsenal old boy Robin van Persie with Dennis Bergkamp comparison (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Turkey number one Volkan Babacan wondersave denies Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie (Video)May 10th, 2016
- Fenerbahce fan footage of glorious goal by ex Man United star Robin van Persie in 3-0 win (Video)May 1st, 2016
- Ex-Man Utd stars Nani and van Persie combine for Fenerbahce goal (Video)April 21st, 2016