Robin van Persie a doubt for Argentina semi-final, misses Holland’s final session with stomach problems [Telegraaf]
- July 8, 2014
Unexpected news from the Holland camp – Robin van Pesie is all of a sudden a doubt for tomorrow’s World Cup semi-final against Argentina, having missed the Orange’s final training session with gastroenteritis, as reported by De Telegraaf.
RVP, who incidentally looked rather pale during Holland’s quarter-final win over Costa Rica, didn’t take any part in training today at the behest of manager Louis van Gaal, who says he didn’t want van Persie to be over-exerted, but doesn’t seem too worried about it:
‘We still have one day. Basically my captain always plays but he has to be fit.’
Daryl Janmaat also suffered stomach problems, and trained apart from the rest of the team.
After Germany’s stomach bug complaints, it looks like the Dutch have been hit with their own mini-epidemic.
Even though Van Persie should still make the semi, missing the final session like this is far from ideal, and is a significant setback to preparations.
- Robin van Persie loses Dutch captaincy, Arjen Robben takes over the Oranje armband
- Dutch FA troll relentless Mexican fan after Robben’s dive inspired a year of tweets
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Holland boss Danny Blind reveals he turned down offer to join Louis van Gaal at Man United
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- PSV’s Jetro Willems scores incredible backheel penalty in Holland training [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...