- Neil Warnock disappointed Crystal Palace didn’t score more v Liverpool!
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez is burnt out by too much football & too much sex [La Cuarta]
- Joao Moutinho to leave Monaco in January: Man United, Arsenal & Spurs interested [L'Equipe]
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere turned on Harpenden’s Xmas lights wearing a protective boot [Picture]
- PLONKER! Arsenal fan arrested for throwing red wine at Man United’s bench
Robin van Persie a doubt for Argentina semi-final, misses Holland’s final session with stomach problems [Telegraaf]
Unexpected news from the Holland camp – Robin van Pesie is all of a sudden a doubt for tomorrow’s World Cup semi-final against Argentina, having missed the Orange’s final training session with gastroenteritis, as reported by De Telegraaf.
RVP, who incidentally looked rather pale during Holland’s quarter-final win over Costa Rica, didn’t take any part in training today at the behest of manager Louis van Gaal, who says he didn’t want van Persie to be over-exerted, but doesn’t seem too worried about it:
‘We still have one day. Basically my captain always plays but he has to be fit.’
Daryl Janmaat also suffered stomach problems, and trained apart from the rest of the team.
After Germany’s stomach bug complaints, it looks like the Dutch have been hit with their own mini-epidemic.
Even though Van Persie should still make the semi, missing the final session like this is far from ideal, and is a significant setback to preparations.
- Updated: July 8, 2014