Robin van Persie a doubt for Argentina semi-final, misses Holland’s final session with stomach problems [Telegraaf]
- July 8, 2014
Unexpected news from the Holland camp – Robin van Pesie is all of a sudden a doubt for tomorrow’s World Cup semi-final against Argentina, having missed the Orange’s final training session with gastroenteritis, as reported by De Telegraaf.
RVP, who incidentally looked rather pale during Holland’s quarter-final win over Costa Rica, didn’t take any part in training today at the behest of manager Louis van Gaal, who says he didn’t want van Persie to be over-exerted, but doesn’t seem too worried about it:
‘We still have one day. Basically my captain always plays but he has to be fit.’
Daryl Janmaat also suffered stomach problems, and trained apart from the rest of the team.
After Germany’s stomach bug complaints, it looks like the Dutch have been hit with their own mini-epidemic.
Even though Van Persie should still make the semi, missing the final session like this is far from ideal, and is a significant setback to preparations.
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Holland boss Danny Blind reveals he turned down offer to join Louis van Gaal at Man United
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- PSV’s Jetro Willems scores incredible backheel penalty in Holland training [Video]
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- USA fans get super carried away following wins over Germany & Holland [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi