Roberto Martinez tells Man United: Ross Barkley is not for sale [video]
- December 31, 2013
Predictably, Everton boss Roberto Martinez was asked about the future of Ross Barkley in his pre-Stoke press conference on New Year’s Eve.
On Monday, a Manchester Evening News report claimed Manchester United would be bidding 50 million pounds for Everton starlet Ross Barkley.
Martinez immediately defused the question with a joke, saying “We don’t want anyone on loan in January!”
The Everton boss added: “He has a long-term contract and the first half of the season has been a real joy to see him grow and the second half of the season will be even better,” the Spaniard said. We are in a strong position financially. When you have to bring in money then it can be a real difficult position as you can be anxious and frustrated.”
Martinez continued: “The stability we have from a financial point of view allows us to make football decisions and this January window is important for us to make sure we kick on and finish stronger than we started.”
If Everton hold on to Barkley and Leighton Baines, and add a couple of players, Toffees supporters will be chuffed.
Manchester United meanwhile, might want to look at Yohan Cabaye, who has been terrific for Newcastle this season.
- Aaron Lennon turns that frown upside down after completing move from Spurs to Everton (...
- Everton’s Gerard Deulofeu grabbed a goal & an assist as Spain U21s won (Videos)
- Everton legend Peter Reid praises John Stones for his professionalism (Video)
- Twitter congratulates Aaron Lennon for learning how to smile (Tweets)
- Everton celebrate Aaron Lennon’s signing from Spurs with a YouTube montage
- Watch Ramiro Funes Mori’s first interview as an Everton player (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...