Robbie Keane interviewed on Landon Donovan cut: ‘Don’t care if USMNT had Messi, they’re gonna struggle’ [Video]
- May 23, 2014
This is a pretty funny random interview, as TMZ Sports ensnared Robbie Keane on the streets of LA today while he was out minding his own business.
The reporter wanted Keane’s opinion on his LA Galaxy teammate Landon Donovan, who was cut from Jurgen Klinsmann’s World Cup squad yesterday.
Keane tolerated and humoured the reporter, telling him he was as shocked as everybody that Donavan didn’t make it, not on reputation, but because he thinks he’s still good enough.
The TMZ reporter then hilariously asked Keane whether he thought Donovan was still ‘one of the best in the world’, to which the Dubliner plead the Fifth and said, ‘he’s still one of the best in the MLS’. Ahem.
Keane then played down Donovan’s cut, saying ‘I don’t care if they had Messi, with that group (Ghana, Germany, Portugal), they’re gonna struggle.’
The people of LA must be delighted with the Irishman’s vote of confidence in them.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]