Rio Ferdinand trips up Fernando Torres late on in Man United 2 – Chelsea 2 [GIF & video]
- March 10, 2013
Late on in Manchester United’s 2-2 draw with Chelsea on Sunday, Rio Ferdinand was caught on camera pulling off a sly move on Fernando Torres.
El Nino was introduced in the 52nd minute by Chelsea interim manager Rafa Benitez and it isn’t clear quite what riled Rio Ferdinand.
But, what transpired it pretty poor behaviour from one of the most popular players in England and there are plenty calling for the FA to look into this incident.
Ferdinand can quite clearly be seen tripping up Torres before lifting the Spanish striker from the ground, implying that the Chelsea forward had dived.
This goes to show just how much Chelsea had got under Manchester United’s skin as they came back from 2-0 down.
And of course marks another poor disciplinary moment in Rio Ferdinand’s week after he clapped in the face off referee Cuneyt Cakir at the end of the Champions League exit to Real Madrid.
Should the FA look into this poor gamesmanship from Rio Ferdinand on Fernando Torres?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...