Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry & Clarence Seedorf reflect on England’s early World Cup exit [Video]
- June 21, 2014
Costa Rica beating Italy yesterday put the final nail in England’s World Cup coffin – the Three Lions are going home early, having failed to qualify from their group.
The BBC panel reflected on the early exit yesterday, with Rio Ferdinand beaming in from Copacobana Beach, saying there are positives to be taken going into future tournament, with a solid and youthful foundation.
Back in the studio, Thierry Henry used the counter example of Costa Rica, arguing that perhaps England put too much emphasis on big names, when the team ethic should take pride of place, a point Clarence Seedorf agreed with , and one Alan Hansen tried to counter.
- Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey named in England Squad
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Leaked: England’s 2015-16 blue on blue away kit is ugly [Pictures]
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...