- Madness! Jesina coach kicks ball onto pitch to stop Amiternina striker from scoring in Serie D [Video]
- Sunderland’s John’ O Shea: ‘I won’t be shaking Jack Colback’s hand before derby v Newcastle’
- His Name Is A Shop! Lenell John Lewis stars in Grimsby’s brilliant Christmas message [Video]
- Robbie Keane trains with Ireland’s Special Olympics football team [Video]
- Falcao starts! Aston Villa v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry & Clarence Seedorf reflect on England’s early World Cup exit [Video]
Costa Rica beating Italy yesterday put the final nail in England’s World Cup coffin – the Three Lions are going home early, having failed to qualify from their group.
The BBC panel reflected on the early exit yesterday, with Rio Ferdinand beaming in from Copacobana Beach, saying there are positives to be taken going into future tournament, with a solid and youthful foundation.
Back in the studio, Thierry Henry used the counter example of Costa Rica, arguing that perhaps England put too much emphasis on big names, when the team ethic should take pride of place, a point Clarence Seedorf agreed with , and one Alan Hansen tried to counter.
- Updated: June 21, 2014