Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry & Clarence Seedorf reflect on England’s early World Cup exit [Video]
- June 21, 2014
Costa Rica beating Italy yesterday put the final nail in England’s World Cup coffin – the Three Lions are going home early, having failed to qualify from their group.
The BBC panel reflected on the early exit yesterday, with Rio Ferdinand beaming in from Copacobana Beach, saying there are positives to be taken going into future tournament, with a solid and youthful foundation.
Back in the studio, Thierry Henry used the counter example of Costa Rica, arguing that perhaps England put too much emphasis on big names, when the team ethic should take pride of place, a point Clarence Seedorf agreed with , and one Alan Hansen tried to counter.
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi