Rio Ferdinand interviews Jose Mourinho: ‘Cesc is fantastic, but Frank (Lampard) is irreplaceable’ [Video]
- August 9, 2014
#5’s Rio Ferdinand is keeping busy, breaking into the world of journalism in between training for Premier League boys QPR.
Working with BT Sport, the former Manchester United man landed a big interview with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, which really whets the appetite for the upcoming season.
Mourinho, as he’s done many times in the past, was categorical that the Premier League is the best in the world, citing the predictability of Serie A and La Liga.
‘In La Liga, it’s just Madrid and Barcelona.
As manager of Madrid, when we were playing at home, I could cross my legs – I knew we were going to win.
Even if we conceded in the first 10 minutes, I knew we would still win 4 or 5-1.
In England, you can’t tell me who will win the league, you can’t tell me the top 4. You can’t try, but you can’t be sure.’
On his renewed squad, Mourinho says ‘Frank (Lampard) is irreplaceable, a special man and a special player; Cesc is also fantastic, but different.
I call him a 7 – he’s not a number 6 or a number 8, he’s a bit of both.’
- PSG reject bid from Chelsea for Marquinhos [Mail]
- Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker scores & misses penalty for Vitesse (video)
- Manchester City officially sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg [Vine & Best Tweets]
- Chelsea loanee Dom Solanke scores first goal in professional football for Vitesse (Video)
- Gary Neville: Chelsea’s players need a slap around the face, Branislav Ivanovic c...
- Jose Mourinho: Crystal Palace were lucky & singles out 1 Chelsea player (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...