Rio Ferdinand interviews Jose Mourinho: ‘Cesc is fantastic, but Frank (Lampard) is irreplaceable’ [Video]
- August 9, 2014
#5’s Rio Ferdinand is keeping busy, breaking into the world of journalism in between training for Premier League boys QPR.
Working with BT Sport, the former Manchester United man landed a big interview with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, which really whets the appetite for the upcoming season.
Mourinho, as he’s done many times in the past, was categorical that the Premier League is the best in the world, citing the predictability of Serie A and La Liga.
‘In La Liga, it’s just Madrid and Barcelona.
As manager of Madrid, when we were playing at home, I could cross my legs – I knew we were going to win.
Even if we conceded in the first 10 minutes, I knew we would still win 4 or 5-1.
In England, you can’t tell me who will win the league, you can’t tell me the top 4. You can’t try, but you can’t be sure.’
On his renewed squad, Mourinho says ‘Frank (Lampard) is irreplaceable, a special man and a special player; Cesc is also fantastic, but different.
I call him a 7 – he’s not a number 6 or a number 8, he’s a bit of both.’
- Chelsea target Youri Tielemans scored for the 2nd week running for Anderlecht (Video)
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Arsene Wenger has nostalgic banter with his former Arsenal player Ian Wright (Video)
- Arsenal boss Wenger smirks at Mourinho’s suggestion that Chelsea were the better ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi