Rio Ferdinand blames Jagielka for both Suarez goals, attaches zero blame to Steven Gerrard [Video]
- June 20, 2014
Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand took an interesting view of Uruguay’s goals during the BBC analysis with Clarence Seedorf and Alan Shearer last night.
In pointing the finger of blame while analyzing what went wrong for Suarez goals, Rio signalled Jagielka on both counts.
Ferdinand charged Jagielka of ball-watching on the first goal, and of getting caught in ‘No-Mans-Land for the 2nd.
Conveniently, Rio attached zero blame to former England teammate Steven Gerrard (with whom he shared the armband at times as vice-captain), when it was Gerrard’s wayward header that played in Suarez for the 2nd goal, and it was also Stevie G who gave the ball away for the first.
Impartiality, how are you!
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Laura Bassett reflects on her semi-final own goal for Japan v England [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi