Rio Ferdinand blames Jagielka for both Suarez goals, attaches zero blame to Steven Gerrard [Video]
Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand took an interesting view of Uruguay’s goals during the BBC analysis with Clarence Seedorf and Alan Shearer last night.
In pointing the finger of blame while analyzing what went wrong for Suarez goals, Rio signalled Jagielka on both counts.
Ferdinand charged Jagielka of ball-watching on the first goal, and of getting caught in ‘No-Mans-Land for the 2nd.
Conveniently, Rio attached zero blame to former England teammate Steven Gerrard (with whom he shared the armband at times as vice-captain), when it was Gerrard’s wayward header that played in Suarez for the 2nd goal, and it was also Stevie G who gave the ball away for the first.
Impartiality, how are you!
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Southgate gives first interview as permanent England manager (Video)November 30, 2016
- Gareth Southgate has been offered the England job [Sun]November 24, 2016
- Wilfried Zaha set to switch to the Ivory Coast despite having played for England [BBC]November 22, 2016
- Gareth Southgate to be confirmed as England manager after three-hour interview [Telegraph]November 21, 2016
- Man United old boys Rio Ferdinand & Patrice Evra troll each other in Instagram commentsDecember 7, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand jokes about how to stop Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez (video)December 4, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand put a Chelsea steward in his place over Gianfranco Zola (video)November 30, 2016
- How Cristiano Ronaldo pranked Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United (video)November 22, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Steven Gerrard’s cousin Bobby Duncan scores hat-trick for England U16s v Brazil (video)November 27, 2016
- Claims that Steven Gerrard would still get into Liverpool’s team (BBC Videos)November 26, 2016