Rio Ferdinand blames Jagielka for both Suarez goals, attaches zero blame to Steven Gerrard [Video]
Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand took an interesting view of Uruguay’s goals during the BBC analysis with Clarence Seedorf and Alan Shearer last night.
In pointing the finger of blame while analyzing what went wrong for Suarez goals, Rio signalled Jagielka on both counts.
Ferdinand charged Jagielka of ball-watching on the first goal, and of getting caught in ‘No-Mans-Land for the 2nd.
Conveniently, Rio attached zero blame to former England teammate Steven Gerrard (with whom he shared the armband at times as vice-captain), when it was Gerrard’s wayward header that played in Suarez for the 2nd goal, and it was also Stevie G who gave the ball away for the first.
Impartiality, how are you!
Watch Live Stream
- Should Man United’s Wayne Rooney remain England’s captain? (BBC Video)August 23, 2016
- Best of the Bemused Twitter Reaction to James Milner’s retirement from England dutyAugust 5, 2016
- Big Sam Allardyce gets Jermain Defoe’s height completely wrong at England press conference (Video)July 25, 2016
- Gary Neville tries to explain England’s Euro 2016 exit to Iceland [Sunday Times]July 24, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand lists 5 reasons he is buzzing for Paul Pogba to play for Man United (Video)August 18, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand on Pogba’s price: ‘I’d be worth £70m or £80m in today’s market’ (Video)August 5, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand wants to become a manager, gives opinion on Paul Pogba price tag (Video)July 16, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand has mixed feelings about Euro 2016 in final tournament vlog (Video)July 13, 2016
- Terry 4 – Slippy G 0: Chelsea fans have banner prepared for Liverpool friendlyJuly 24, 2016
- Steven Gerrard on retirement & working at Liverpool again (Video)July 20, 2016
- Steven Gerrard & Frank Lampard left out of MLS All-Star RosterJuly 18, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard bags an assist for the LA Galaxy (Official Video)June 26, 2016