Rio Ferdinand axed from Man United’s warm-weather training camp in Dubai, set for summer retirement [Sun]
- February 11, 2014
In news everyone saw coming, The Sun on Tuesday announce that Rio Ferdinand’s days at Manchester United are numbered.
The backpage headline on Britain’s most popular tabloid reads: “Rio in Cold – Future on brink as he’s left out of Utd Dubai trip”.
On the red-top’s website a few more details are provided to the story, which centres on the claim that Rio Ferdinand, 35, has been left out of Manchester United’s squad for a warm-weather training camp in Dubai in a supposed clear indication that the defender is set to announce he will retire this summer.
Neil Custis adds “United will make a statement on Thursday explaining the defender’s exclusion from the five-day trip to the Middle East.”
A copy of the backpage of The Sun on Tuesday is below.
- Real Madrid offer defender Sergio Ramos a new contract worth €7.5million a season [Cade...
- Standoff between Man Untied and Real Madrid over Sergio Ramos-David De Gea transfer [Ma...
- Man United winger Nani set for medical at Fenerbahce on Sunday [Fenerbahce En]
- Man United’s £20m bid for Southampton’s Morgan Schneiderlin has been reject...
- David De Gea extends rent contract in Manchester for July as Real Madrid talks hit a st...
- Man United’s David De Gea lands in Madrid. Claims he is there to relax [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi