Rio Ferdinand axed from Man United’s warm-weather training camp in Dubai, set for summer retirement [Sun]
- February 11, 2014
In news everyone saw coming, The Sun on Tuesday announce that Rio Ferdinand’s days at Manchester United are numbered.
The backpage headline on Britain’s most popular tabloid reads: “Rio in Cold – Future on brink as he’s left out of Utd Dubai trip”.
On the red-top’s website a few more details are provided to the story, which centres on the claim that Rio Ferdinand, 35, has been left out of Manchester United’s squad for a warm-weather training camp in Dubai in a supposed clear indication that the defender is set to announce he will retire this summer.
Neil Custis adds “United will make a statement on Thursday explaining the defender’s exclusion from the five-day trip to the Middle East.”
A copy of the backpage of The Sun on Tuesday is below.
- Manchester United fans vote for the club’s best ever number 7 (Video)
- Manchester United agree to sell Jonny Evans to West Brom for £6m [Guardian]
- Real Madrid preparing to present David De Gea at the Bernabeu this Tuesday [AS]
- Van Gaal confirms that Januzaj is out of Swansea v Manchester United (Video)
- Louis van Gaal looking forward to meeting ‘old friends’ when Manchester Uni...
- Manchester United defender Jonny Evans set for medical at West Brom (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...