Ridiculous! Acosta & Silva (Lanus) booked for fireman hat celebration v Estudiantes
- August 20, 2013
Football is, above all else, a game. Spectators come to stadiums such as the Estadio Ciudad de Lanús to be entertained.
We have long since rallied against the rule that sees players booked for taking off their shirts in celebration of a goal.
After all, the whole point of the Beautiful Game is to score a goal – elaborate celebrations only add to the spectacle and should be encouraged rather than stamped out.
As a result, the video below shows up modern football in a pretty sad light and we are generally interested for an explanation of referee Andres Merlos’ actions.
Lanus and Estudiantes played out a 1-1 draw in Argentina’s Primera Division on Monday night.
Estudiantes took the lead on 2 minutes, with a goal combining comical defending and an acrobatic overhead kick (see 2nd video below) before Lanus equalised eight minutes later.
Lautaro Acosta equalised and celebrated with Santiago Silva by pulling out some fireman hats from the dugout.
Looks to us to have been a fine idea with a genuinely good excuse to highlight one of the most important professions in society.
Then Merlos got involved and became a kill joy. Ridiculous!
[gthumb id=”345971″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Pablo Barrientos (San Lorenzo) scores incredible 55 yard golazo v Estudiantes [Vine]
- Man United’s Marcos Rojo insane celebration for goal in Argentina whilst wearing ...
- Manchester City submit €10m bid for Estudiantes midfielder Joaquín Correa [SportItalia]
- Golazo! Estudiantes wonderkid Joaquin Correa scores exceptional goal against Penarol [V...
- Atletico Madrid move for Estudiantes keeper Gerónimo Rulli with Thibaut Courtois set to...
- Estudiantes 1 – Belgrano 1 (Argentina Primera Division, September 7, 2013)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi