- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Rickie Lambert’s (Southampton) World Cup chances take a dent with 3-yard sitter miss v Sunderland
The Rickie Lambert hype has tapered off of late, with the veteran striker’s goals drying up after a brilliant season and half in the Premier League.
Such are England manager Hodgson’s lack of striking options, though, that Lambert still has a realistic chance of going to the World Cup.
But his hopes took a dent today, as Lambert missed an epic sitter from 3 yards at, which would have tied the game up.
Sunderland held on to win, and Lambert was left wishing the ground would swallow him up.
- Updated: February 15, 2014