Rickie Lambert elbowed Nemanja Vidic (Man United) in the face before scoring, should have been disallowed [Vine]
Southampton took the lead against Manchester United this afternoon through Rickie Lambert, but the goal shouldn’t have stood as there was a clear foul in the build-up.
The goalscorer Lambert elbowed United’s Nemanja Vidic in the face, knocking the Serb off his feet, and giving himself free reign to score.
The ref was possibly blindsided; otherwise he’d have surely blown for a foul on Vidic and disallowed the goal.
As the picture above shows, Vidic was left with a bloodied face, though it was too late for the ref to reverse his decision by then.
Watch Live Stream
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Juan Mata admits Manchester United’s 4-0 defeat to Chelsea was painful (Video)October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Eric Bailly suffers ‘really bad’ injury in Man United defeat at ChelseaOctober 23, 2016
- Man United legend Nemanja Vidic is flattered by comparisons to Eric Bailly [Quotes]September 26, 2016
- Nemanja Vidic names toughest opponents and explains why Fernando Torres weakness is a mythSeptember 17, 2016
- Nemanja Vidic talks about the time David Moyes made him watch videos of Phil Jagielka defendingSeptember 17, 2016
- Man United legend Nemanja Vidic reveals he rejected Liverpool [FourFourTwo]August 2, 2016
- Wide Awake Club: 2 hours after leaving Liverpool, Rickie Lambert scores brace for West Brom (Video)August 1, 2015
- I had to leave Liverpool: Rickie Lambert gives 1st interview as a West Brom player (Video)July 31, 2015
- Tottenham may sign Liverpool flop Rickie Lambert, or alternatively Javier Hernandez [The Times]July 30, 2015
- Liverpool flop Rickie Lambert is being lined up by Chelsea to replace Didier Drogba [Mirror]May 5, 2015