Rickie Lambert elbowed Nemanja Vidic (Man United) in the face before scoring, should have been disallowed [Vine]
- May 11, 2014
Southampton took the lead against Manchester United this afternoon through Rickie Lambert, but the goal shouldn’t have stood as there was a clear foul in the build-up.
The goalscorer Lambert elbowed United’s Nemanja Vidic in the face, knocking the Serb off his feet, and giving himself free reign to score.
The ref was possibly blindsided; otherwise he’d have surely blown for a foul on Vidic and disallowed the goal.
As the picture above shows, Vidic was left with a bloodied face, though it was too late for the ref to reverse his decision by then.
- Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal leaves Swansea with cartoon angry face
- ‘We had the best chances’ : Garry Monk post-Swansea 2 – Manchester Un...
- Man United boss Louis van Gaal: 2-1 defeat to Swansea has “no effect” on tr...
- “Disappointed” Man United star Juan Mata discusses 2-1 defeat to Swansea (V...
- Wayne Rooney slammed by Man United fans after woeful display v Swansea [Best Tweets]
- The best tweets as Swansea come back to stun Man United 2-1 at the Liberty Stadium
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...