Rickie Lambert elbowed Nemanja Vidic (Man United) in the face before scoring, should have been disallowed [Vine]
Southampton took the lead against Manchester United this afternoon through Rickie Lambert, but the goal shouldn’t have stood as there was a clear foul in the build-up.
The goalscorer Lambert elbowed United’s Nemanja Vidic in the face, knocking the Serb off his feet, and giving himself free reign to score.
The ref was possibly blindsided; otherwise he’d have surely blown for a foul on Vidic and disallowed the goal.
As the picture above shows, Vidic was left with a bloodied face, though it was too late for the ref to reverse his decision by then.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City & Chelsea stars plus Marcus Rashford & Alexis Sanchez in the BBC XI of the weekAugust 29, 2016
- Great Memory: Patrice Evra commemorates Manchester United 8 – Arsenal 2 on InstagramAugust 28, 2016
- Manchester United want to bring in Jose Fonte and/or Fabinho if they can sell 2 defenders [Daily Record]August 28, 2016
- Sergio Aguero faces retrospective ban for Man United v Man City after elbow on Winston ReidAugust 28, 2016
- Man United legend Nemanja Vidic reveals he rejected Liverpool [FourFourTwo]August 2, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand writes Facebook Tribute to former Manchester United teammate Nemanja VidicJanuary 30, 2016
- Manchester United lead the Twitter Tributes as Nemanja Vidic announces retirement from footbalJanuary 29, 2016
- Inter Milan release statement confirming the termination of Nemanja Vidic’s contractJanuary 18, 2016
- Wide Awake Club: 2 hours after leaving Liverpool, Rickie Lambert scores brace for West Brom (Video)August 1, 2015
- I had to leave Liverpool: Rickie Lambert gives 1st interview as a West Brom player (Video)July 31, 2015
- Tottenham may sign Liverpool flop Rickie Lambert, or alternatively Javier Hernandez [The Times]July 30, 2015
- Liverpool flop Rickie Lambert is being lined up by Chelsea to replace Didier Drogba [Mirror]May 5, 2015