Rickie Lambert elbowed Nemanja Vidic (Man United) in the face before scoring, should have been disallowed [Vine]
- May 11, 2014
Southampton took the lead against Manchester United this afternoon through Rickie Lambert, but the goal shouldn’t have stood as there was a clear foul in the build-up.
The goalscorer Lambert elbowed United’s Nemanja Vidic in the face, knocking the Serb off his feet, and giving himself free reign to score.
The ref was possibly blindsided; otherwise he’d have surely blown for a foul on Vidic and disallowed the goal.
As the picture above shows, Vidic was left with a bloodied face, though it was too late for the ref to reverse his decision by then.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...