- Chelsea’s Didier Drogba suspected of cheating after 2014 Miss World Netherlands drops hint
- An ugly bench clearing brawl stopped Tottenham’s U18s match v USA U17 early [Video]
- Ouch! Quini takes out his Rayo Vallecano coach with a two footed tackle v Espanyol [Video]
- Pochettino presser: Spurs boss delighted with 3 wins in a week, says Lamela needs time [video]
- Radamel Falcao’s wife celebrates Man United goal at Aston Villa on Instagram
Revealed: The 2012 Premier League table
There has been plenty of criticism over the “calendar year” records that have been prevalent in recent weeks and months.
After all, the football season has always run from August to May and that is never likely to change.
Nevertheless, the graphic below makes for very interesting reading and throws up some intriguing results with just hours to go until the New Year.
First off the gap between the Manchester giants and the rest is huge. Unsurprising, but it is still very large.
Everton’s position is most impressive, even if they have played more games than anyone else and suggests they are legitimate contenders for a top 4 finish in 2012/2013.
West Brom, Swansea and Norwich should also be proud of their efforts and it is fair to say both Liverpool and Aston Villa will be looking forward to a change of fortunes in 2013.
Happy New Year to all.
- Updated: December 31, 2012