Respect! Injured Lionel Messi takes picture with disabled fan after Betis win
- November 11, 2013
The news Lionel Messi will be out for the rest of 2013 is one of the big football stories of the day.
Barcelona’s Argentine forward will miss the next 6 to 8 weeks after picking up a muscle tear at Betis and it could well be a blessing in disguise after a busy summer of travel and the upcoming World Cup in 2014.
Messi continued to prove he is a “good boy” – as described by Sepp Blatter at the Oxford Union recently – with a touching gesture after Barcelona’s 4-1 win at Real Betis.
The Barcelona talisman looked understandably disappointed as he left the Estadio Benito Villamarín, but still found time to take a picture with a disabled fan waiting outside.
- The Master: Lionel Messi’s amazing dribbling skills regularly floor opponents [Vi...
- Barcelona agree €35m fee with Atletico Madrid for Arda Turan [Sport]
- Guiseppe Marotta confirms that Juventus rejected €80m bid from Barcelona for Paul Pogba
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi