Respect! Injured Lionel Messi takes picture with disabled fan after Betis win
- November 11, 2013
The news Lionel Messi will be out for the rest of 2013 is one of the big football stories of the day.
Barcelona’s Argentine forward will miss the next 6 to 8 weeks after picking up a muscle tear at Betis and it could well be a blessing in disguise after a busy summer of travel and the upcoming World Cup in 2014.
Messi continued to prove he is a “good boy” – as described by Sepp Blatter at the Oxford Union recently – with a touching gesture after Barcelona’s 4-1 win at Real Betis.
The Barcelona talisman looked understandably disappointed as he left the Estadio Benito Villamarín, but still found time to take a picture with a disabled fan waiting outside.
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Man United’s Ed Woodward to travel to Barcelona tomorrow to complete €30m Pedro d...
- Fiorentina 2 – Barcelona 1: Federico Bernardeschi was at the double as Barca lose...
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez scores from Ivan Rakitic’s lovely assist v Fiorenti...
- ‘He’s like a Bull': Messi has returned to Barcelona pre-season in better sh...
- Barcelona legend Xavi scores glorious free kick golazo on Al Sadd debut (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi