- Leo Messi unhappy that Barcelona haven’t lobbied for him to win Ballon D’Or [MARCA]
- Liverpool planning January move for West Brom’s Saido Berahino [Mail]
- Barcelona boss Luis Enrique: ‘There is no ‘Messi Case’, Leo is happy here’ [Video]
- Darren Fletcher makes fun of Ashley Young’s diving in Manchester United Q&A for Chevrolet
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez poses in his underwear for modelling photo shoot [Video]
Reports say Norwich to sign €8.5m Alderweireld (Ajax) & €9m Quagliarella (Juve) next week
What the hell is going on at Norwich these days?!
If the rumours are to believed, Canaries boss Chris Hughton is set to continue his club’s amazing summer spending spree with the captures of Ajax centre-half Toby Alderweireld and Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella next week.
Its a major summer of change in East Anglia. Already Norwich have signed Martin Olsson, Carlo Nash, Nathan Redmond, Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Javier Garrido , while rumours are also swirling around that Leroy Fer is poised to join the Canaries for €8m from FC Twente.
Now two new transfer rumours have emerged as Norwich are linked to two internationals from Holland and Italy.
Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf have told their readers that Norwich are closing in on a €8.5 million purchase of Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld. Alderweireld has yet to agree personal terms with the club, however the players’ agent (who is also his dad Vic) has called the potential more to Norwich a “practical option.”
Norwich’s recruitment drive could also see them land Fabio Quagliarella is Italian website SportMediaset is correct.
According to the rumour mill, Quagliarella’s standing at Juventus is now on shaky ground after the arrival of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente to Turin, and the Italian centre-forward is now up for sale.
Not only Norwich said to be prepared to spend €9m on the attacker, but they are also ready to shell out €2.5m a year on the striker’s wages.
- Updated: July 12, 2013