Remember the name! Neilton tipped as the “new Neymar” after Santos hat-trick v Palmeiras
- January 23, 2013
You can almost imagine Santos president Luis Ribeiro rubbing his hands with glee today after it appears his club have unearthed another potential superstar.
Neilton announced himself to Brazil on Tuesday evening as he claimed a hat-trick for Santos in their 3-2 Copa Sao Paulo junior semi-final victory over Palmeiras.
The 19-year-old forward has predictably been hailed as the “new Neymar” (who is only 20) after a hat-trick that was rounded off with a true Golaco.
And, predictably, the day after the night before, has seen Neilton field questions over whether he is Neymar’s successor for when the inevitable move to Europe for the latter arrives.
Neilton: “They say that my skill and speed resemble Neymar. But there is no comparison. Only the face and hair are alike!”
The hat-trick from the latest Santos starlet off their production line can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...