Remember the name! Neilton tipped as the “new Neymar” after Santos hat-trick v Palmeiras
- January 23, 2013
You can almost imagine Santos president Luis Ribeiro rubbing his hands with glee today after it appears his club have unearthed another potential superstar.
Neilton announced himself to Brazil on Tuesday evening as he claimed a hat-trick for Santos in their 3-2 Copa Sao Paulo junior semi-final victory over Palmeiras.
The 19-year-old forward has predictably been hailed as the “new Neymar” (who is only 20) after a hat-trick that was rounded off with a true Golaco.
And, predictably, the day after the night before, has seen Neilton field questions over whether he is Neymar’s successor for when the inevitable move to Europe for the latter arrives.
Neilton: “They say that my skill and speed resemble Neymar. But there is no comparison. Only the face and hair are alike!”
The hat-trick from the latest Santos starlet off their production line can be seen below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...