- Huge Moment! AC Milan’s Stephan El Shaarawy hits crossbar in 1 v 1 during Inter draw [Video]
- Golazo! David Cabrera (Pumas) hits 30 metre Thunder-Bastard v Monterrey [Video]
- Raphael Honigstein banters Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini for throwing away 3-goal lead on BT Sport [Video]
- Piers Morgan tells Ian Wright it’s time for Arsenal to ‘divorce’ Arsene Wenger [Audio]
- Brendan Rodgers responds to Jamie Carragher’s charge that Liverpool are ‘mentally weak’ [Video]
Remember the name! Neilton tipped as the “new Neymar” after Santos hat-trick v Palmeiras
You can almost imagine Santos president Luis Ribeiro rubbing his hands with glee today after it appears his club have unearthed another potential superstar.
Neilton announced himself to Brazil on Tuesday evening as he claimed a hat-trick for Santos in their 3-2 Copa Sao Paulo junior semi-final victory over Palmeiras.
The 19-year-old forward has predictably been hailed as the “new Neymar” (who is only 20) after a hat-trick that was rounded off with a true Golaco.
And, predictably, the day after the night before, has seen Neilton field questions over whether he is Neymar’s successor for when the inevitable move to Europe for the latter arrives.
Neilton: “They say that my skill and speed resemble Neymar. But there is no comparison. Only the face and hair are alike!”
The hat-trick from the latest Santos starlet off their production line can be seen below.
- Updated: January 23, 2013