Picture: Red Issue’s brilliant cartoon on Robin van Persie’s mini-Man United goal slump
- March 13, 2013
The last time Robin van Persie scored Manchester United beat Everton 2-0 on February 10th.
Since then the Red Devils have played another six matches without the Dutchman scoring, Van Persie starting four of those games whilst he came on as a sub in the other two.
In fact Van Persie has only scoring once in his last nine games.
Of course,Van Persie is having an excellent season, having bagged 19 goals in 28 Premier League games plus a total of 29 goals in 40 matches overall. Yet his relative goal-drought has been picked up by Manchester United fanzine Red Issue, who have produced an excellent cartoon on the backpage of their latest edition.
The picture, uploaded to Twitter by Doron Salomon, can be seen below.
As a bonus, a second comedy pic from Red Issue involving Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs can be enjoyed below the fold.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...