Lucky boy! Chamakh escaped being sent off during Crystal Palace v Norwich [Vine & Tweets]
Marouane Chamakh was extremely lucky to be on the pitch after shoving Wes Hoolahan in the 42nd minute.
The Moroccan international pushed Hoolahan in the face and only received a yellow card for it.
Norwich manager Chris Hughton was outraged that Chamakh hadn’t received his marching orders and commented after the match: “Marouane Chamakh should have been sent-off, there is no doubt about it.”
Chamakh has been in good form for Crystal Palace recently and is enjoying a new lease of life under new eagles manager Tony Pulis.
Did Chamakh deserve to be sent off?
View the image below along with a series of tweets on the incident.
View tweets about the incident below.
Chris Hughton had no complaints about the penalty but felt Chamakh should have been sent off for raising hands at Hoolahan.
— Jacob Steinberg (@JacobSteinberg) January 1, 2014
Chamakh is a lucky boy. Should've gone off for a shove on Hoolihan.
— Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) January 1, 2014
42 – Bit of a coming together here as players from both sides get involved in a tussle. Yellow cards shown to Hoolahan and Chamakh.
— Norwich City FC (@NorwichCityFC) January 1, 2014
#ncfc Good point in the end but should have won if Chamakh had been sent off
— Burnhan Canary (@burnhancanary) January 1, 2014
- The whole Wales team did the Joe Ledley dance after Andorra win (Video)
- Crystal Palace pair Joe Ledley & Wayne Hennessey conduct hilarious Wales interview...
- Crystal Palace’s Sullay Kaikai scored a terrific brace for Shrewsbury on Saturday...
- Crystal Palace’s Joe Ledley shows off some comedy dance moves after Wales reached...
- Marouane Chamakh gets frightened of a drone like a wuss at Crystal Palace team photo (V...
- Crystal Palace striker Marouane Chamakh answers Twitter questions [Video]
- Ex-Arsenal & current Crystal Palace man Marouane Chamakh goes out with Playboy twi...
- Crystal Palace’s Marouane Chamakh scores for Morocco in 6-1 win v Benin [Video]