Really?! Monaco want to sign Arsenal forward Theo Walcott for €40m in January [Daily Mail]
The Daily Mail, in an article short on words and seemingly lifted straight from dodgy Italian website Tuttomercatweb, have claimed on Friday that Monaco want to sign Arsenal forward Theo Walcott.
David Kent writes:
French giants Monaco are considering a £34million January swoop for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott. The England international has been sidelined with an abdominal strain and has not played since the Gunners’ 2-1 victory over Marseille in September.
But manager Arsene Wenger is unlikely to let the 24-year-old leave the club while Walcott is believed to be happy to stay at Arsenal.
Monaco, whose summer signings included Falcao and Joao Moutinho, lie second in Ligue 1, tied with Paris Saint-Germain.
While the accuracy of the article has been brought into question, only a few Arsenal fans seem to be relishing the thought of offloading Walcott to the French moneybags.
Below are a series of tweets on the rumour that Monaco want Theo Walcott.
— Robin Bairner (@RBairner) November 1, 2013
Apparently Monaco are willing to offer €40 Million for Theo Walcott! Theo's great and all, but 40 Million? Wow!
— Alex The Gööner (@TheGoonerAFC) October 31, 2013
Twaddle abt Theo interesting Monaco.If he wanted to play with a load of over-hyped stars to small crowds,he might as well play for the Spuds
— Goonerinho (@ArsenalRT) November 1, 2013
— SelmaAFCGooner (@TheGoonerGirl96) November 1, 2013
Theo signed a 3 year contract extension in January, Monaco can just forget.
— WengerBall #AFC (@Phumza007) October 31, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Ray Wilkins is surely taking the pi*s with views on what Arsenal should do with Mesut OzilDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla posts to Instagram after successful foot surgeryDecember 7, 2016
- Arsenal fans create hilarious banners for Atom & Humber at the Emirates StadiumDecember 7, 2016
- You’ve seen him juggle chewing gum, now watch Mesut Ozil juggle a coin (Video)December 7, 2016
- Anthony Martial is four goals away from triggering the first Monaco bonus feeDecember 1, 2016
- Monaco post footage of Thomas Lemar’s winner v Tottenham (Official Video)November 23, 2016
- Save of the season: Hugo Lloris makes unbelievable point blank save during Monaco v Spurs (Video)November 22, 2016
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris makes a superb penalty save to deny Radamel Falcao (Video)November 22, 2016
- Theo Walcott breaks world record for controlling ball dropped from crane (Video)December 1, 2016
- Theo Walcott confirms reason for Arsenal goal celebration on InstagramNovember 27, 2016
- Rumour: Theo Walcott may miss Man United v ArsenalNovember 17, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesar Azpilicueta easily beat Arsenal’s Theo Walcott in a footrace (GIF)November 16, 2016