Really?! Monaco want to sign Arsenal forward Theo Walcott for €40m in January [Daily Mail]
The Daily Mail, in an article short on words and seemingly lifted straight from dodgy Italian website Tuttomercatweb, have claimed on Friday that Monaco want to sign Arsenal forward Theo Walcott.
David Kent writes:
French giants Monaco are considering a £34million January swoop for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott. The England international has been sidelined with an abdominal strain and has not played since the Gunners’ 2-1 victory over Marseille in September.
But manager Arsene Wenger is unlikely to let the 24-year-old leave the club while Walcott is believed to be happy to stay at Arsenal.
Monaco, whose summer signings included Falcao and Joao Moutinho, lie second in Ligue 1, tied with Paris Saint-Germain.
While the accuracy of the article has been brought into question, only a few Arsenal fans seem to be relishing the thought of offloading Walcott to the French moneybags.
Below are a series of tweets on the rumour that Monaco want Theo Walcott.
— Robin Bairner (@RBairner) November 1, 2013
Apparently Monaco are willing to offer €40 Million for Theo Walcott! Theo's great and all, but 40 Million? Wow!
— Alex The Gööner (@TheGoonerAFC) October 31, 2013
Twaddle abt Theo interesting Monaco.If he wanted to play with a load of over-hyped stars to small crowds,he might as well play for the Spuds
— Goonerinho (@ArsenalRT) November 1, 2013
— SelmaAFCGooner (@TheGoonerGirl96) November 1, 2013
Theo signed a 3 year contract extension in January, Monaco can just forget.
— WengerBall #AFC (@Phumza007) October 31, 2013
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal vs Basel [Team Sheets]September 28, 2016
- UEFA regulation forces Arsenal to wear away kit at the Emirates Stadium for the first timeSeptember 28, 2016
- Greg Dyke talks about Arsene Wenger becoming the England manager (BBC Audio)September 28, 2016
- Alex Iwobi’s girlfriend Clarisse Juliette on the Arsenal starlet’s FIFA 17 card (video)September 28, 2016
- Leonardo Jardim: Arsenal insight helped in Spurs win [L’Equipe]September 15, 2016
- Tottenham v Monaco: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 13, 2016
- Man United target Fabinho scores a thunderba***** in 4-1 Monaco win (Video)September 12, 2016
- AS Monaco reject €40 million Manchester City offer for 17-year-old Kylian Mbappe [L’Equipe]August 31, 2016
- Arsenal’s Theo Walcott sounds like Conor McGregor, reveals secret to his resurgence (Video)September 27, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier trolls Theo Walcott on social media after Arsenal’s winSeptember 25, 2016
- Arsenal fans make u-turn on Theo Walcott (Video)September 18, 2016
- Theo Walcott & Harry Kane bashed by England fans after 1-0 win over Slovakia [Tweets]September 4, 2016