- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
Really?! Monaco want to sign Arsenal forward Theo Walcott for €40m in January [Daily Mail]
- November 1, 2013
The Daily Mail, in an article short on words and seemingly lifted straight from dodgy Italian website Tuttomercatweb, have claimed on Friday that Monaco want to sign Arsenal forward Theo Walcott.
David Kent writes:
French giants Monaco are considering a £34million January swoop for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott. The England international has been sidelined with an abdominal strain and has not played since the Gunners’ 2-1 victory over Marseille in September.
But manager Arsene Wenger is unlikely to let the 24-year-old leave the club while Walcott is believed to be happy to stay at Arsenal.
Monaco, whose summer signings included Falcao and Joao Moutinho, lie second in Ligue 1, tied with Paris Saint-Germain.
While the accuracy of the article has been brought into question, only a few Arsenal fans seem to be relishing the thought of offloading Walcott to the French moneybags.
Below are a series of tweets on the rumour that Monaco want Theo Walcott.
— Robin Bairner (@RBairner) November 1, 2013
Apparently Monaco are willing to offer €40 Million for Theo Walcott! Theo's great and all, but 40 Million? Wow!
— Alex The Gööner (@TheGoonerAFC) October 31, 2013
Twaddle abt Theo interesting Monaco.If he wanted to play with a load of over-hyped stars to small crowds,he might as well play for the Spuds
— Goonerinho (@ArsenalRT) November 1, 2013
— SelmaAFCGooner (@TheGoonerGirl96) November 1, 2013
Theo signed a 3 year contract extension in January, Monaco can just forget.
— WengerBall #AFC (@Phumza007) October 31, 2013