Real Madrid’s Pepe brutally fouls Malaga’s Duda and doesn’t get booked [video]
- March 17, 2014
The Real Madrid’s centre back committed a heinous foul against Malaga’s captain Duda during his team’s win on Saturday, when he tackled the midfielder with a studs-up challenge. Duda, who had played together with Pepe in the Portuguese national team, stayed on the ground for several minutes and was in need of medical treatment.
The big surprise came when referee Juan Martínez Munuera decided not to book the aggressor, and instead showed a yellow card to Duda for dissent.
If that was not odd enough, Duda’s wife defended Pepe after the game via Twitter: “I know a lot of you are angry about Pepe’s tackle, but I know it was unintentional and that he is great friends with my husband,” she wrote attaching a photo of Pepe with her children to underscore the friendship the two share.
Below is a video of Pepe’s foul.
- A Barcelona-beating sensation, new Southampton signing Juanmi could be a star [Videos]
- Southampton complete Juanmi signing from Malaga in four-year deal [Video]
- Watch Elche’s amazing counter-attack goal against Malaga [GIF]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
- Ramos, Rodriguez & Ronaldo score as Real Madrid beat Malaga 3-1 [Official Highlights]
- James Rodriguez scored a golazo after some sublime Real Madrid build-up v Malaga [Videos]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi